Bit Of A Yarn

A Horse Named Winx

The eagerly awaited documentary on arguably the greatest horse in Australian racing history – Winx in all her equine glory!

Winx is the Phar Lap of the modern era and holds the world record for her spectacular 33 race winning streak. Her first foal sold for a record breaking $10 million. It all reads like a racing fairy-tale, but the story behind the phenomenon is more complex. With unprecedented access to Winx and the team who made her a champion, award winning director Janine Hosking (Mademoiselle and the Doctor, SFF 2004; 35 Letters, SFF 2014; I’m Not Dead Yet, SFF 2011) and Winx biographer, Andrew Rule, weave a cinematic journey to reveal the spirit of a champion as she faces her greatest challenge.

Join us for a special World Premiere gala screening on Friday 7 June!

https://www.sff.org.au/program/browse/a-horse-named-winx?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1YIXt50ow3gLVxK9fWZLBUg2S2JlFP2gzIdrXUpYm7NajpKlmbZLQV76w_aem_AYb6pgOHHlvXN2vgcLrXwsBCjdw9fdSLNpAWYqiBdLF8SjcTA27dkhDRpM5Sw3ijGup7zoDnvOvluwE18fpvqIv7

34 minutes ago, curious said:

Well the trailer made me cry. Doubt I can manage the whole movie.

lol... similar...

perhaps a nice title for  a thread: "Horses that have made me Cry!"  perhaps two divisions would be needed! in pain and in joy!

• Like 1