Bit Of A Yarn

Trackside streaming problems with full page

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

3ZB would broadcast most races, always a chance they would interrupt during race with news😆😆, also 4zb listening to Forbury.

Hence my story about phone and radio.  I think 3ZB was 1031AM.  Remember fiddling with the aerial connection often and the dial on the radiogram in Hokitika when Dad's horses were racing at Addington.  Those were the days when you got a recording of a race it came on a vinyl record.  Only talking the 70's!!

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hence my story about phone and radio.  I think 3ZB was 1031AM.  Remember fiddling with the aerial connection often and the dial on the radiogram in Hokitika when Dad's horses were racing at Addington.  Those were the days when you got a recording of a race it came on a vinyl record.  Only talking the 70's!!

4ZB use to do the night races from Addington for a time after 3ZB moved their aerial or whatever up to North Canterbury somewhere, strangely so many years down the track and despite technological advances we don't get as good coverage of racing on radio as all that time ago.

Not sure what decade it was but the ZB network would broadcast the TAB doubles midweek as long as the gallop legs were worth 10k plus and harness 5k plus. 

Guthrie Bowron sponsored those commentaries if my memory serves me. You'd often have to listen to dozens of adds etc etc before they bothered to confirm the result and prices. If the whistle blew in any of those races you had virtually no hope of finding out who was involved in the protest which was a tad frustrating.....aka a frustrating pain in the butt. 

Then we had teletext which seemed a leap forward as Radio Pacific was.

I think 3ZB Christchurch was 1260 on the AM dial. It was close enough to the National Program for that to be an issue at night for us in Nelson wanting to hear the Addington trots.

32 minutes ago, Walt said:

Not sure what decade it was but the ZB network would broadcast the TAB doubles midweek as long as the gallop legs were worth 10k plus and harness 5k plus. 

Guthrie Bowron sponsored those commentaries if my memory serves me. You'd often have to listen to dozens of adds etc etc before they bothered to confirm the result and prices. If the whistle blew in any of those races you had virtually no hope of finding out who was involved in the protest which was a tad frustrating.....aka a frustrating pain in the butt. 

Then we had teletext which seemed a leap forward as Radio Pacific was.

I think 3ZB Christchurch was 1260 on the AM dial. It was close enough to the National Program for that to be an issue at night for us in Nelson wanting to hear the Addington trots.

All those frequencies on newstalk zb are probably the same today.

On 17/05/2024 at 3:15 PM, Newmarket said:

I never watch on PC, I’m not that old. 
Mostly watch racing on sky, although have watched odd race on Freeview tv again, so that should excite some. 
TAB app works brilliant on IPad, easy to switch channels and gives split screen option. All up, thumbs up, big improvement all around. 

I happen to watch the races on my laptop,tho i don't think i'm that old at being late 40s lol. I do watch them on the laptop as my partner isn't really into the horses,so i'd rather watch it on the laptop OR phone and not have it on the TV to 'save' her from it LOL.

On 18/05/2024 at 10:50 AM, Murray Fish said:

just happened log on to tab and the full page is back working, with thanks!

Yip,i came across the full screen last night. Tho when watching it the coverage seemed 'dark' and not as light as when i was watching it thru HRNZ,so after that i went BACK to the HRNZ page.