Bit Of A Yarn

Stewards' vision

I've gone on about this before, but just went to look at that for a couple of runners at Riccarton tomorrow which ran at the meeting there on the 16th, that I was thinking of backing.

All I get is "We have not received "Stewards' Vision" for this race as yet
Under normal circumstances this will be available within 5-7 days of the race"

Obviously, normal circumstances have not prevailed. It beggars belief that with today's technology, they can not get this up the same or perhaps the next day. No idea whether the problem is on the RIB end or the NZTR one, or has the move to Cambridge meant that the pigeons carrying the video need extra rest stops? 2 weeks and still not there. Something's wrong when they claim to be supporting Entain's efforts to improve punter information and build turnover and revenue.

That's a couple of bets they won't be getting.

2 hours ago, curious said:

I've gone on about this before, but just went to look at that for a couple of runners at Riccarton tomorrow which ran at the meeting there on the 16th, that I was thinking of backing.

Obviously, normal circumstances have not prevailed. It beggars belief that with today's technology, they can not get this up the same or perhaps the next day. No idea whether the problem is on the RIB end or the NZTR one, or has the move to Cambridge meant that the pigeons carrying the video need extra rest stops? 2 weeks and still not there. Something's wrong when they claim to be supporting Entain's efforts to improve punter information and build turnover and revenue.

There are some past races this season (one at Grp 1 level) that I was very keen to see the Stewards vision for.  Not loaded.  The Grp 1 was at the new $55m track aka Ellerslie.

• Like 2

On 30/05/2024 at 2:27 PM, curious said:

Almost as if they are hiding something... no never they wouldn't do that!

On 30/05/2024 at 2:27 PM, curious said:

As years have gone on, my % of bets have moved more and more into the nz G1's,  based on the logic of better exposed form leading in to them!

Because of the state of the tracks I've almost not been betting, admittedly this season, there has been some crap weather leading into them, but there it seems now the ever problem of the Over watering to get to some x stated reading... 

I believe Grey Way has been turning in his grave!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Special Agent said:

And Noel Eales?

lol re the watering?  wow, he had many sleepless night 'worrying; about nature watering!  rather scary, sigh to think how he would handle the current 'best practice!', sigh, $1.01 not that well! :)

ps, can you share some insight into how he is Not in the Hall of Fame? especially so when you see how many 'famer$' are there solely because the have brought their way in!!! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/06/2024 at 5:16 AM, curious said:

3 weeks later ...

Still getting:

"We have not received "Stewards' Vision" for this race as yet

I note this issue has just been raised in another thread. Went back and had a look at the meeting I originally referred to here and not only is the stewards' vision not there, the screen saying when it will be has disappeared, though from memory there was nothing contentious at that meeting which they might have wanted to hide.

I can only think that the pigeon carrying the video from Petone to Cambridge must have died en route.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, curious said:

I note this issue has just been raised in another thread. Went back and had a look at the meeting I originally referred to here and not only is the stewards' vision not there, the screen saying when it will be has disappeared, though from memory there was nothing contentious at that meeting which they might have wanted to hide.

I can only think that the pigeon carrying the video from Petone to Cambridge must have died en route.

Same for Auckland Cup Day Ellerslie March 9th.