Bit Of A Yarn

Stewards suspension inconsistencies

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Being told you are "special" isn't a compliment 

I'm fine without assistance at the moment thanks Brodie, and I don't remember you offering when I did need assistance

Lol If you think I am special then that is high praise, Michael!

I  am pleased you are fine Mike, and doing well.

On 6/12/2024 at 6:13 PM, Brodie said:

The thing is Gamma that both were suspended solely for wanting to win a race for their connections!!

Munro earns no money for winning and yet wants to do best for the owners and gets suspended for using the whip more than the blatantly stupid rule allows!

Hopefully the Ozzie has some common sense and overturns the crazy current rule as it is diabolically poorly thought out!

I think the whip use thing is crazy as well. But like road rules and speed limits you have to adapt to the changes. Like a New Government Brodster. Whether you like em' or not.

Drivers in Brisbane got a whole range of penalties in the 90's even when I was still going. One bloke got 3 months !! after a few warnings. For 'over-use' of the Whip. It's been an issue for some time.

Opie Bosson won a Group 1 and got fined over there for 12 whip strikes instead of 10 when he won by a nose or something, . what a steaming lot of horse manure. Counting the arm movements. Hope that never happens in trotting. what a crock of sh... that is. horses don't number count someone should tell them 😂 

CJ and MaurieMac and Mango have had issues there too on several occasions. Is hard to adapt to having whip in your rein hand when trying to Win as you say. I couldn't do it at all, But it does suit the Many many female drivers that came into the sport at that stage. so good on em' 

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I think the whip use thing is crazy as well. But like road rules and speed limits you have to adapt to the changes. Like a New Government Brodster. Whether you like em' or not.

Drivers in Brisbane got a whole range of penalties in the 90's even when I was still going. One bloke got 3 months !! after a few warnings. For 'over-use' of the Whip. It's been an issue for some time.

Opie Bosson won a Group 1 and got fined over there for 12 whip strikes instead of 10 when he won by a nose or something, . what a steaming lot of horse manure. Counting the arm movements. Hope that never happens in trotting. what a crock of sh... that is. horses don't number count someone should tell them 😂 

CJ and MaurieMac and Mango have had issues there too on several occasions. Is hard to adapt to having whip in your rein hand when trying to Win as you say. I couldn't do it at all, But it does suit the Many many female drivers that came into the sport at that stage. so good on em' 

Gamma they did have counting the no. Of times a driver used the whip here!

Any more than 10 over the last 400m if I remember correctly ffs.

The current rule is badly thought out in regards  to wrist movement!

The Ozzies use the whip harder and more often than  the Kiwis do.

Hopefully the new Ozzie CEO overturns it to common sense.

• Like 1

Stipes running out of things to do, so lets ask some dumb questions.

CAPTAIN KOBE - when questioned regarding the improved performance trainer S Dolan advised the gelding had appreciated a drop in calibre of horses from recent racing and had trained on well since its last start.

Finished five lengths from the winner last start after working hard and today beats a much weaker field. Everybody including the public who made the horse a hot favourite could see why it won and it was not an improved performance it went slower today than it did the last start so in actual fact it was a worse performance.  

• Like 1