NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Racecourse Assistant AUCKLAND THOROUGHBRED RACING

Have an interest in turf management, working with machinery and working outdoors?  

If so, this rare opening with Auckland Thoroughbred Racing - New Zealand’s premier thoroughbred racing club – could be the one for you.  Not only will you get the chance to hone your turf management skills, but you’ll be supported to achieve New Zealand apprenticeship (Sports Turf) – Level 4.  

As a racecourse assistant, you will be part of a dynamic team charged with the maintenance of New Zealand’s only StrathAyr track which is based at Auckland’s Ellerslie Racecourse and hosts some of New Zealand’s most prestigious races, a racetrack and training tracks at Pukekohe Park, plus other tracks located at venues in the greater Auckland region.  

Reporting to the track manager, this role involves working as a team to ensure the highest level of racecourse surfaces are provided to industry stakeholders. 

You will:

• Have an interest in turf management 
  • Ideally, have experience working with sand profiles (racetracks, sports fields or golf courses)
  • Work well within a diverse team
  • Display good time management skills and be a self-starter
  • Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and behaviours towards working safely
  • Be flexible to work weekends and public holidays (for racedays) when required.

To find out more about Auckland Thoroughbred Racing, please visit aucklandracing.co.nz

If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our team, then we would love to hear from you. 

To apply, please send us a cover letter & your CV via Seek.  Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. 

You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role. 

not to sure what the wages will be?

1 hour ago, Murray Fish said:

Ideally, have experience working with sand profiles (racetracks, sports fields or golf courses)

Uh Oh...I didn't read the fine print.  Grass doesn't grow very well on sand.  Perhaps we should sow Marram Grass?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

I have experience at growing grass! but not sort! :)

I can see the Stipes report now.

Or rather the excuse...

"Mr Grimstone my horse was hungry and while walking around at the start he ate a bit of grass.  I think that's why he switched off at the 600m.  He started neighing at the sun after that."

• Like 1