Bit Of A Yarn

Lofty Taylor working for Barbara Kennedy...the Fish Photo Exhibition

9 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

I heard the other day that Paul Lofty Taylor is working for the Stable, one of the 'good guys' of the Jockey colony, as the Americans would say! :)

Didn't he win a Wellington fup on Rastes, many years ago, and the jarden mile on south islander Johnny alone, going back many a year, great he's still involved in the game.

4 hours ago, Shad said:

Didn't he win a Wellington fup on Rastes, many years ago, and the jarden mile on south islander Johnny alone, going back many a year, great he's still involved in the game.

yes.. and the after celebrations lasted for a while and then there was a fall out from that... :)
talking those races/horses, I worked that day! Lots of Photographers lining the rail (the boss) Ken Lush had the #1 spot, then lots of Press, I took a gamble, and headed for the inside and took a couple of cool shots! back then you go One Click, not auto drive!  both photos were used in FF and in the Racing Annual for that year!  Made even better by being good mates with Paul  :)

Certainly both horses caused upsets at long odds, from memory the other south islander knight invader finished second, success for the south horses  was quite rare back then, Jonny alone by by a not so popular sire blue vermillion, certainly brings back memories, the camera technology very different these days, interesting know the best shot and horse that stands out overs the years of photography, bet there's been a few.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shad said:

, the camera technology very different these days, interesting know the best shot and horse that stands out overs the years of photography, bet there's been a few.

Hi, for me, I've just started a project, goal to have a Photo Exhibition and stuff of my collection, sigh, hopefully I have the skills and energy to do so...

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

12 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

Hi, for me, I've just started a project, goal to have a Photo Exhibition and stuff of my collection, sigh, hopefully I have the skills and energy to do so...

Good on you, the golden years of nz racing, great days, racing was popular, crowds were huge,many class performers, oh the memories, haven't times changed big time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shad said:

Good on you, the golden years of nz racing, great days, racing was popular, crowds were huge,many class performers, oh the memories, haven't times changed big time.

I suppose we can be thankful that we experienced it from golden to sunset. Might be the theme of your Exhibition MF.

Edited by curious
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, curious said:

I suppose we can be thankful that we experienced it from golden to sunset. Might be the theme of your Exhibition MF.

Noted... 
Still working of the Theme..  two parts, shots from film camera, early 90's,   a few horses, a few races,  a few jockeys, a few trainers,   3/4 of each of those, there is a bit of cross overs...  then some from the digital area. 

'Logic' suggests a book, and I would like to be able to add some 'oral history', and off course, part of the process is flushing out who is will to be helpful.

Some other concepts I will be keeping undercover!  for now. :) They be around the tragic digital historical reality of NZ Racing History! 

What I will do is to soon start a thread on it,  I'm aware of knowing that it has to be cost sensible, meaning in the end, I actually want most of what is going to be printed and framed etc needs to be sold!  

Then, there is decisions around whose Name goes on the Exhibition, MF or DOK.. sigh, no rest for the wicked!

• Like 1