NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

School boy error by NZTR - do they know...

Yes, impressive scoring a win on the grass track at Awapuni when Awapuni doesn't even have a grass track these days and today's racing is at Ashburton.

I was also a bit surprised that they didn't acknowledge the success of several of the despised tracks producing winners today, with Rangiora, Timaru, Omakau and Winton all to the fore so far.

• Like 3

Lots of fascinating stories out of today. The horse mentioned above, a rating 61, winning the rating 75 race, then a rating 60 wins the open sprint. Shows the uniqueness of SI racing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doomed said:

...tracks producing winners today, with Rangiora, Timaru, Omakau and Winton all to the fore so far.

Especially so with the better stakes up! :)  there seemed to be some larger fields for some races? :)

from the pen of the winning Trainer:

"

Not a day I’ll forget in a hurry 😍 it’s been one hell of a learning curve and levelling experience entering the racing game but it makes days like this one so much more rewarding getting my first winner as a trainer!
Since the first time I sat on Captain I knew we were going to be pals, he’s a horse that I have so much respect for and he gives me everything 💕 I met him while he was under Paul and I’d like to think he was with us all today with this win! To all of Captain’s owners thank you so much for trusting me with your boy it means the world to me. Thank you Kendra Bakker for a great ride!
To the team at home I can’t thank you enough for all your help and support, it takes a village and I’m so lucky with the one I have.
My sponsors and supporters are also a huge help to the running of the team and have certainly stuck by me through plenty of lows! @witchesbrew_hoofoil @crawfordhilljewellery @seahorsesupplements @mcmillan_equine_feeds @equus_elite_nz @qualityequestriannz @michelleclarkephotography
Also stoked with Fakeittillumakeit running well for 3rd 🎉 the boys are positively flying to kick off their winter prep!"
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1