NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Meeting News: Taranaki and Rotorua UPDATE - 20 July 2024 ×
Bit Of A Yarn

D Lane superstar!

Damian Lane continued his stellar run of form across the weekend on Sunday, but arguably his greatest achievement didn't even come on horseback.

The leading Melbourne-based jockey rode a double at Headquarters on Saturday, before completing the Gold Coast Marathon in under three hours on Sunday morning, recording a time of two hours and 50 minutes - averaging a tick over four minutes per kilometre.

The effort was enough for Lane to finish just outside the top 300 of a run in which there were nearly 9000 entrants.

Hot on Lane's heels was fellow rider Jake Duffy, who finished the 42.2km course in 2:51 to claim 342nd overall. Daniel Stackhouse has ridden more than 100 winners this season and completed the Gold Coast Marathon in 3:09, while Hannah Edgley finished 121st in her category running a time of 4:09.

The Gold Coast Marathon was won by male Kenyan athlete Timothy Kipkorir Kattam, who ran a time of 2:08:52.

https://www.racing.com/news/2024-07-08/news-jockeys-jockeys-star-in-gc-marathon

Just now, Murray Fish said:

completing the Gold Coast Marathon in under three hours on Sunday morning, recording a time of two hours and 50 minutes - averaging a tick over four minutes per kilometre.

So impressive! I once managed 10ks at four min pace, following a couple of talented woman runners and I just Had to keep with them! I knew that was a PB that was never to be beaten!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

So impressive! I once managed 10ks at four min pace, following a couple of talented woman runners and I just Had to keep with them! I knew that was a PB that was never to be beaten!

Were you following the cheeks?

Womans Day Running GIF by MSD Online Shop

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

Damian Lane continued his stellar run of form across the weekend on Sunday, but arguably his greatest achievement didn't even come on horseback.

The leading Melbourne-based jockey rode a double at Headquarters on Saturday, before completing the Gold Coast Marathon in under three hours on Sunday morning, recording a time of two hours and 50 minutes - averaging a tick over four minutes per kilometre.

The effort was enough for Lane to finish just outside the top 300 of a run in which there were nearly 9000 entrants.

Hot on Lane's heels was fellow rider Jake Duffy, who finished the 42.2km course in 2:51 to claim 342nd overall. Daniel Stackhouse has ridden more than 100 winners this season and completed the Gold Coast Marathon in 3:09, while Hannah Edgley finished 121st in her category running a time of 4:09.

The Gold Coast Marathon was won by male Kenyan athlete Timothy Kipkorir Kattam, who ran a time of 2:08:52.

What an effort!  Impressive young athletes indeed.

• Like 2