NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Finalists found for Industry Excellence Awards

23 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hunter Durrant 

Te Akau foreman in Canterbury.

Looked after Imperatriz in OZ.  Spent 6 months working for Annabel Neasham.  

Whip dee doo!

How bout the kid looking after the 20 start maiden on freezing cold mornings, with no hope of going to the poser day out?

23 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Michaela works for Roger James and was Orchestral's strapper.

I met Michaela at New Plymouth and I was impressed with her professionalism and passion for the industry.

Actually I've met a dozen young people actively working in racing over the last year which gives me hope that things may come right.

Only if we old farts make sure the over paid suits do their job.

image.png

Exactly why these awards are a joke, recognising a few lucky kids who are working with the creme of NZ bloodstock , just more industry brown nosing total farce!

5 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

who would you nominate? :)

I actually thought of nominating a couple of young workers from down this way, not this season, but I plan to study who be eligible better for next year!

I'm sure they'll be much more deserving, but have they any chance against the next crop of TA & big Waikato stable staff?

On 10/07/2024 at 4:23 PM, Doomed said:

Disappointing there isn't an award for social media excellence.

CS will be nominated soon enough, once he is a full fledged industry propagandists ! He is well on his way.

16 minutes ago, Huey said:

I'm sure they'll be much more deserving, but have they any chance against the next crop of TA & big Waikato stable staff?

What's wrong with those staff?  They still have to work very long hours starting at 3am in the morning for a wage that very few young people would be bothered to get out of bed for.

The shit on their stable floor is no different to any others.

21 minutes ago, Huey said:

Given the jumping ranks have never been weaker , I'm not sure its worth make a song and dance over.

What is worth making a song and dance over?  It isn't their fault that you have such bitter opinions.

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

What is worth making a song and dance over?  It isn't their fault that you have such bitter opinions.

It also isn't their fault that you can't see beyond the delusion and propaganda of the industry either. 

Joke awards , given out to the club and certified and approved by CS.

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

What's wrong with those staff?  They still have to work very long hours starting at 3am in the morning for a wage that very few young people would be bothered to get out of bed for.

The shit on their stable floor is no different to any others.

Whats wrong with the staff that work the same long hours, in smaller stables with poorer quality bloodstock and opportunities than these stables have getting given an opportunity to be recognised for their significant contribution to the industry?

These awards are the same all the time , same 5 studs, same 5 stables , same 5 racing clubs they never change, unfortunately your TA fan boy attitude blinds you to the rest of the industry.

13 minutes ago, Huey said:

Whats wrong with the staff that work the same long hours, in smaller stables with poorer quality bloodstock and opportunities than these stables have getting given an opportunity to be recognised for their significant contribution to the industry?

Nothing wrong with them. Did you nominate any?

20 minutes ago, Huey said:

It also isn't their fault that you can't see beyond the delusion and propaganda of the industry either. 

Joke awards , given out to the club and certified and approved by CS.

Why are you so bitter?

Please explain why you would give an award to what you term a "battler" and how would you determine which was the more deserving "battler"?

19 minutes ago, Huey said:

Again explain the criteria for determining the rewarding of one "battler" over another?

20 minutes ago, Huey said:

These awards are the same all the time , same 5 studs, same 5 stables , same 5 racing clubs they never change, unfortunately your TA fan boy attitude blinds you to the rest of the industry.

That isn't a correct description of these finalists.

Yes Te Akau display excellence in all aspects of the racing industry.  Are you suggesting they should be eliminated from all awards just because of their success?

BTW Te Akau weren't and aren't gifted their success.  Their staff work the same hours and just as hard as any "battler".

Did you ever think that even the term "battler" was a derogatory one?

21 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Again explain the criteria for determining the rewarding of one "battler" over another?

That isn't a correct description of these finalists.

Yes Te Akau display excellence in all aspects of the racing industry.  Are you suggesting they should be eliminated from all awards just because of their success?

BTW Te Akau weren't and aren't gifted their success.  Their staff work the same hours and just as hard as any "battler".

Did you ever think that even the term "battler" was a derogatory one?

Lets guess where next years finalists will be from ... it won't be hard, so utterly boring just like the local racing media.

16 hours ago, Huey said:

Yes , The Cossack

The Cossack/West Coast,  Berry the Cash/Nedwin will be mouthwatering contests IF the protagonists remain unscathed and choose to make the trip south; not to ignore other good performers that may just be lucky enough to have their day in the sun.

• Like 1