NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury Park- Local Trainers

53 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Forbury used to be a significant event in Dunedin, Cup class races in October, Festival meeting and some big meetings in April.

Then the Cup class horses stopped going,

Do you remember HANDS DOWN at Forbury Park . used to go there now and then and run last all the time. I bet Derek wasn't keen on the place lol.

Think 'Hands Down' had his first race start there and all of New Zealand got the tip and sent him out red hot favourite , and he crashed to the track in the maiden mobile . was quite funny in a way as the commentator burst out with "Hands Down ! He's down alright". 😅😁.

Derek and Peter got him going a bit after that and he was winning the NZ Cup just a year later. quite a transformation. The ''rogue of Forbury' became a NZ Cup winner lol. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Used to have good 4yos racing early in the New Year. 
Think Lord Module raced there too…

Yes, very good 4yos raced there. I think it was one of those races Lochie got into a bit of trouble for suggesting one runner may not have been trying too hard.

51 minutes ago, Doomed said:

Yes, very good 4yos raced there. I think it was one of those races Lochie got into a bit of trouble for suggesting one runner may not have been trying too hard.

And yet with today's rating system I'd say a lot not trying too hard on many occasions.