NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Does Australian Racing have 20,000 Broadcast Vans?

There are 13 Gallops meetings in OZ today - all broadcast.  Another 5 non-TAB meetings - not sure if they are broadcast but they are probably videoed.
Plus 5 Harness meetings - all broadcast.

Plus 8 Dog meetings - all broadcast.

How many broadcast vans do they have?

I'm increasingly convinving myself that NZ has bought into a high cost broadcast model that was signed up to during the "We Will Be The World Leaders in Racing" regime.  When is MIA Sharrock going to address the issue!!

(BTW @Newmarket if you want to start betting in OZ there are dogs races in South Australia on now! Started an hour ago at Angle Park, Adelaide.)

Do we really want High Definition broadcasting when the majority of us don't have the TV's, smart phone bandwidth or reception to watch them?  Meanwhile I can't listen to racing on my Transitor Radio in the man cave!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

There are 13 Gallops meetings in OZ today - all broadcast.  Another 5 non-TAB meetings - not sure if they are broadcast but they are probably videoed.

I'm increasingly convinving myself that NZ has bought into a high cost broadcast model that was signed up to during the "We Will Be The World Leaders in Racing" regime.  When is MIA Sharrock going to address the issue!!

(BTW @Newmarket if you want to start betting in OZ there are dogs races in South Australia on now! Started an hour ago at Angle Park, Adelaide.)

Do we really want High Definition broadcasting when the majority of us don't have the TV's, smart phone bandwidth or reception to watch them?  Meanwhile I can't listen to racing on my Transitor Radio in the man cave!

Melbourne/Vic Racing

https://www.trpbroadcast.com.au/facilities.html

https://pro.sony/en_MY/press/delivers-sixth-ob-truck-trp-record-time

Victoria Harness & Perth racing use Mediatech/NEP

Racing NSW have their own fleet

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

Melbourne/Vic Racing

https://www.trpbroadcast.com.au/facilities.html

https://pro.sony/en_MY/press/delivers-sixth-ob-truck-trp-record-time

Victoria Harness & Perth racing use Mediatech/NEP

Racing NSW have their own fleet

Do Mediatech/NEP still have the contract here?  I still don't see why we are so constrained.  Surely modern technology can make broadcasting cheaper and more flexible than the current model.

Do we really save that much money by having Stewards, Presenters and at time Commentators sitting in a Studio relying on real-time broadcasting?

45 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Do Mediatech/NEP still have the contract here?  I still don't see why we are so constrained.  Surely modern technology can make broadcasting cheaper and more flexible than the current model.

Do we really save that much money by having Stewards, Presenters and at time Commentators sitting in a Studio relying on real-time broadcasting?

They have the contract I believe just for the studio facilities in Auckland. They don’t provide outside broadcast facilities 

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Transistor radio…. FFS, another one stuck in the dark ages…..

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Transistor radio…. FFS, another one stuck in the dark ages…..

Have you tried using your Smart Phone to listen to the TAB while working?  Then trying to get a bet on?  Most times you miss out because of the time delay.  Online Trackside radio ISN'T realtime.   No I don't have a transistor radio but when I did I didn't need a high speed broadband connection!