Bit Of A Yarn

Methven TC V Auckland Trotting Club

Happy Sunrise

2 fields of 7 for the Green Miles which is disappointing but at least they are not running a monte race like they are at Auckland.

You know you are screwed when you have 5 trotting races out of a 9 race programme and one of them is a monte. How will one bet on that? Makes me want to dive deep into my wallet when I see an amateurs drivers race next time.

Cambridge fields tonight are tiny too.

Auckland is already full of low quality southern pacers so if the alarm bells are not ringing now they will never be. Maybe the President of the ATC can close the door on the way out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

2 fields of 7 for the Green Miles which is disappointing but at least they are not running a monte race like they are at Auckland.

You know you are screwed when you have 5 trotting races out of a 9 race programme and one of them is a monte. How will one bet on that? Makes me want to dive deep into my wallet when I see an amateurs drivers race next time.

Cambridge fields tonight are tiny too.

Auckland is already full of low quality southern pacers so if the alarm bells are not ringing now they will never be. Maybe the President of the ATC can close the door on the way out.

Montes are a great spectacle, well where the true capital of trotting is in France anyway, just because we are not used to it in this part of the world doesn't mean they are a bad thing. I feel sorry for the owners of trotters in the north, they make up most of the card and still race for less money than Pacers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

just because we are not used to it in this part of the world doesn't mean they are a bad thing.

True, but what does it say about the state of racing in the north?

I didn't even hear it was going to  be happening, was it flagged on the HRNZ website? I thought it would have been big news.

18 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

True, but what does it say about the state of racing in the north?

I didn't even hear it was going to  be happening, was it flagged on the HRNZ website? I thought it would have been big news.

I wonder if it was last minute to get a race together!!  your very right about the state of racing in the north, Manawatu fields are more appealing than Auckland, we have a major problem here.

7 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Montes are a great spectacle, well where the true capital of trotting is in France anyway, just because we are not used to it in this part of the world doesn't mean they are a bad thing. I feel sorry for the owners of trotters in the north, they make up most of the card and still race for less money than Pacers.

What happened to those French trotting races that trackside use to show late at night? Those were great with horses getting disqualified left right and centre. 

19 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

What happened to those French trotting races that trackside use to show late at night? Those were great with horses getting disqualified left right and centre. 

Mind you we have basterdised that  original rule about trotting all the way, ..but minimum stakes on a poor race meet day at Vincennes 27,000 Euro's for a maiden and having been there quite half a dozen times when I was working in England always well patronized and pretty capacity fields....