NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Spring is Springing with winners

Gammalite

Hopefully you blokes are keen on some of the Big races coming up ?  with the Top Horses having a crack for the Big prizes.

tonight we have some handy ones.

BEACH BALL is bouncing back into action tonight after his solid NZ Cup 3rd last year. Paying $19 / $5 place tonight race 8 . go boy !!

HARRISON JOHN at $6 is in race 4 and racing beautifully . go you good thing !!💰

ARDENS MEMORY for Allstars drawn 2 and won last 2 starts as well  . Yes Please !!  for some 5-1 there in race 9.🍻

ALWAYS BE MATTIE  in race 6 Alex Park , beat Mark Purdon who trailed it last start. Must be good to do that ? i'm convinced lol. and 4-1 excellent. 

BETTER ECLIPSE in the Kilmore Cup (that he won last year as well) is on at 10.30 your time so you're probably asleep for that one. 😁 The current Auckland Cup defending Champion looks well placed to get some of the $3.50 on offer tonight. He is near 2nd Best horse in Australia.

BRISBANE LIONS at $2.15 for the AFL Grand Final tomorrow . I'm all over that and cheering like mad for the Brisvegas Stars to outstrutt the Swans in front of 90 to 100 thousand people tomorrow at the MCG. wish us luck to get the win there after the narrow 5pt loss last year 😉👍🏆  go Boys !!!! 

WALLABIES v All blacks at $11-1 tomorrow   !!!! no way!!  . (No Way would you take them that is 😂😂 ) Go AB's !!🤣😎

• Like 1

Chief will be out and about trying to win the rich Hawkes Bay Guinea's tomorrow too with 

CAPTURED BY LOVE , the only filly in race 5 against the big bad boy 3 yearolds. $2.50 odds.

All the very best to Win the Day down at Hastings Chief  !! She is a real live chance and have all my fingers and toes crossed she gets the money in that Big Group 2 event 🤞💰👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Chief will be out and about trying to win the rich Hawkes Bay Guinea's tomorrow too with 

CAPTURED BY LOVE , the only filly in race 5 against the big bad boy 3 yearolds. $2.50 odds.

All the very best to Win the Day down at Hastings Chief  !! She is a real live chance and have all my fingers and toes crossed she gets the money in that Big Group 2 event 🤞💰👍

Good luck to the Chief....I hope he went out on the track when issue after first race ,got a handful of turf and grass and taught them some basics.

And offered some helpful advice how to improve for future !

19 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Hopefully you blokes are keen on some of the Big races coming up ?  with the Top Horses having a crack for the Big prizes.

tonight we have some handy ones.

BEACH BALL is bouncing back into action tonight after his solid NZ Cup 3rd last year. Paying $19 / $5 place tonight race 8 . go boy !!

HARRISON JOHN at $6 is in race 4 and racing beautifully . go you good thing !!💰

ARDENS MEMORY for Allstars drawn 2 and won last 2 starts as well  . Yes Please !!  for some 5-1 there in race 9.🍻

ALWAYS BE MATTIE  in race 6 Alex Park , beat Mark Purdon who trailed it last start. Must be good to do that ? i'm convinced lol. and 4-1 excellent. 

BETTER ECLIPSE in the Kilmore Cup (that he won last year as well) is on at 10.30 your time so you're probably asleep for that one. 😁 The current Auckland Cup defending Champion looks well placed to get some of the $3.50 on offer tonight. He is near 2nd Best horse in Australia.

BRISBANE LIONS at $2.15 for the AFL Grand Final tomorrow . I'm all over that and cheering like mad for the Brisvegas Stars to outstrutt the Swans in front of 90 to 100 thousand people tomorrow at the MCG. wish us luck to get the win there after the narrow 5pt loss last year 😉👍🏆  go Boys !!!! 

WALLABIES v All blacks at $11-1 tomorrow   !!!! no way!!  . (No Way would you take them that is 😂😂 ) Go AB's !!🤣😎

Some big performances at Addington...a couple of Southland Stars looking very good.

Mattie White seems a good preparer of horses..... his Always Be horse had little luck and one to follow.

A couple of fast times at Park over the mile !.......in particular the Maiden race was very competitive and threw out some to follow !

• Like 1

It was a good nights viewing on friday ight lights.

Wag start was impressive. 15 lengths is a long way. I see driver m hurrell said he didn't even have to pull the ear plugs.

he did the same last year fresh up winning by 10 lengths in about the same time and never pulled the ear plugs then either.He did go good for another couple of starts after that last year,but then wasn't quite as good thereafter, even though he ran some nice races.

Will last nights fast time effect him going forward?sweet lous are very good sprinters and race well fresh.

as tab forever has pointed out ,they ran a mile in 1.54.7 in the non win race at auckland.

Imagine taking what you think was a nice non win horse to auckland and having to run that time first up. You can see why many just stick to racing at cambridge instead of auckland.

talking about auckland. The last 4 races had 5,6,6,6 starters and the turnovers were very poor on those races. The nz win pools for each was between 3-4,000.

Some will say,its about keeping alexandra park going,and just ignore the losses that hrnz generate.how long can they keep doing that?.

Even the addington tote nz tab turnovers weren't anything to write home about. The main race was ok and the biggest with just over $12,000.

Looking at the tabcorp win pools only. Gore on thursday had more in total than addington,even with addington having an extra race. 

the biggest pool with the nz tab and tabcorp this week was the 0-1 win trot at gore that had the power failure beforehand. Amazing how many punters in australia just bet on the next race to go. They kept putting the gore race back,but it kept popping up as the next race to go and both the nz tab and tabcorp pools kept getting higher.

I saw major moth win the kilmore cup quite easily.

Fancy sky racing not even giving the kilmore cup any pre race coverage on either sky channel and instead only showing the last round. Instead they kept showing some 0-1 win gallops race at the sunshine coast  that was running a few minutes late. Kilmore started on time but got a raw deal.

Edited by the galah

3 hours ago, the galah said:

It was a good nights viewing on friday ight lights.

Wag start was impressive. 15 lengths is a long way. I see driver m hurrell said he didn't even have to pull the ear plugs.

he did the same last year fresh up winning by 10 lengths in about the same time and never pulled the ear plugs then either.He did go good for another couple of starts after that last year,but then wasn't quite as good thereafter, even though he ran some nice races.

Will last nights fast time effect him going forward?sweet lous are very good sprinters and race well fresh.

as tab forever has pointed out ,they ran a mile in 1.54.7 in the non win race at auckland.

Imagine taking what you think was a nice non win horse to auckland and having to run that time first up. You can see why many just stick to racing at cambridge instead of auckland.

talking about auckland. The last 4 races had 5,6,6,6 starters and the turnovers were very poor on those races. The nz win pools for each was between 3-4,000.

Some will say,its about keeping alexandra park going,and just ignore the losses that hrnz generate.how long can they keep doing that?.

Even the addington tote nz tab turnovers weren't anything to write home about. The main race was ok and the biggest with just over $12,000.

Looking at the tabcorp win pools only. Gore on thursday had more in total than addington,even with addington having an extra race. 

the biggest pool with the nz tab and tabcorp this week was the 0-1 win trot at gore that had the power failure beforehand. Amazing how many punters in australia just bet on the next race to go. They kept putting the gore race back,but it kept popping up as the next race to go and both the nz tab and tabcorp pools kept getting higher.

I saw major moth win the kilmore cup quite easily.

Fancy sky racing not even giving the kilmore cup any pre race coverage on either sky channel and instead only showing the last round. Instead they kept showing some 0-1 win gallops race at the sunshine coast  that was running a few minutes late. Kilmore started on time but got a raw deal.

The early races at Auckland also had pathetically low tote pools!

I also notice that the place tote pools are often nowhere near the win pools!!

DAH, I wonder why that is now?

15 hours ago, the galah said:

Just looking at that horse. A nice 7th in the Derby last year to finish a handy 4 wins from 10 starts 3 year old season. WAG STAR has had Only 4 starts this year ?? for 2 wins. Do you think he has soundness issues maybe? I ALways thought a horse's absolute PEAK year would be as a 4 yearold  . and yet Just the 4 starts for $30,000 ? it's like his best chances are slipping by. we'd be giving 4 year olds 40 starts in Australia lol. 

Hey about the 'Sweet Lou' that Won the Canterbury Classic ? TACT McLEOD. He won really well (and could be a 'staying' Sweet Lou rather than speed horse?)  It only had 6 starts last year as a 4 year old as well ?🤔   and Only 11 starts this year for 6 wins. he'll soon be 6 with best years behind him? and only got 100k so far.  You really don't have enough races in Nz to make Good winning use of some horses talents. 

and did you see HARRISON JOHN win R4 ? John Dunn driving a very exceptional race there. Not copping any team effort from the Cullen runners at all , and winning with Gusto. left Sam out 3 wide when they came round the field 🤣. John is such a tryer. gives it everything. good on him. Great win by that horse.

And Go Brisbane Lions !!! Premiers 2024 ! i'm so happy I have tears. Last time they won the Premiership the greatest horse I have seen , BLACKS A FAKE was just starting out . went on to win millions and 4 Interdominions (twice 2nd too) . Now a generation later the Lions are winning again and we have LEAP TO FAME winning the Interdominions for QLD. (and NZ CUP real soon)  A beautiful 20 year swing!! . I won't make it to the next one I don't think (20 year swing 🤣  )

• Like 1