NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Kennedy stood down mid race meeting today.

Warren Kennedy rode today because he had commitments from Saturday even though his disqualification started on Sunday.  If that's the case then how did he get to ride at the Trials yesterday - surely there were no prior commitments for the trials?

Then today he was stood down mid race meeting because of injury he had yesterday.  That doesn't seem right.

• Fake News! 1

I agree the trials sound strange, but I think there is a rule that if a meeting is postponed, as effectively HB was, then a jockey with a suspension looming can ride on the new day. That's just my vague recollection. It has happened before.

1 hour ago, Doomed said:

I agree the trials sound strange, but I think there is a rule that if a meeting is postponed, as effectively HB was, then a jockey with a suspension looming can ride on the new day. That's just my vague recollection. It has happened before.

Yes he can but it is to enable the fulfilling of commitments made on the day that was transferred.  I just didn't know it applied to trials as well.

3 minutes ago, Executioner said:

When suspended it is still permissable to ride at trials.... This applies to all jockey's...

and rightly so , not like we have them climbing out trees to ride them in this country.

11 hours ago, Trojan said:

Warren Kennedy rode today because he had commitments from Saturday even though his disqualification started on Sunday.  If that's the case then how did he get to ride at the Trials yesterday - surely there were no prior commitments for the trials?

Then today he was stood down mid race meeting because of injury he had yesterday.  That doesn't seem right.

His disqualification start was deferred to today in order for him to meet his engagement obligations yesterday. So, in the interim, he could ride at the trials I think.