NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Mustang Valley - did it bleed in the Team Wealleans Hcp?

I think Jayne Ivil has got it wrong. 

The term Epistaxis is now being used to cover ALL bleeds from the nose which have can have differing underlying causes one of which is EIPH (Exercise-Induce Pulmonary Hemorrhage).  EIPH is the most likely event from racing.  But it could be just nose bleed.  Will no doubt be scoped ASAP.

BTW I didn't google that.  I heard it somewhere this week.  Might have been on Trackside or one of the OZZIE programmes.

MUSTANG VALLEY (D Mansour) - Returned to the enclosure with blood present in the right nostril. Underwent a
post-race veterinary examination including an endoscopic examination which found the mare to have suffered an
episode of Epistaxis. MUSTANG VALLEY shall not be ridden in exercise for a period of two months or start in any race
or trial for a period of three months, and then only after a satisfactory gallop of at least 1000 metres in the presence
of a Veterinarian.

11 minutes ago, curious said:

Underwent a
post-race veterinary examination including an endoscopic examination which found the mare to have suffered an
episode of Epistaxis.

Yep I'm pretty sure that they now use the term Epistaxis instead of EIPH.