Bit Of A Yarn

Greg & Nina Hope Stable

Happy Sunrise

Just thinking yesterday watching them get the quinella with A G's Whitesocks and Mossdale Rose about what a really consistent and successful stable they are. They had Everybody Knows in the trot and have Harrysul sitting at home as well and Gimmefiveminutesmore won by 6.

All their horses on raceday are worth backing and they are generally held very tight by the TAB (tells you something in itself)

I am not sure of the background of the Hope family or if they are a trotting family from way back or not but young Ben is developing very well and must have the 'bug' so the Hope name will seemingly be around long after I am gone. 

Just thought I would acknowledge what a contribution they make to harness racing.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I am not sure of the background of the Hope family or if they are a trotting family from way back or not but young Ben is developing very well and must have the 'bug' so the Hope name will seemingly be around long after I am gone. 

gregs father peter trained in blenheim and occasionally drove

braedoon (cardigan bay 3yo stakes at wellington driven by peter) and lock rae were pretty decent

braedoon was the first horse i remember greg hope driving

if peter hope turned up at addington with a horse i paid careful attention

gregs colours are those of his father

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Just thinking yesterday watching them get the quinella with A G's Whitesocks and Mossdale Rose about what a really consistent and successful stable they are. They had Everybody Knows in the trot and have Harrysul sitting at home as well and Gimmefiveminutesmore won by 6.

All their horses on raceday are worth backing and they are generally held very tight by the TAB (tells you something in itself)

Just thought I would acknowledge what a contribution they make to harness racing.

they are good trainers. But the White Socks nag is not that good, he won today because it was a very weak field. the horse struggles against quality opposition. 

10 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

they are good trainers. But the White Socks nag is not that good, he won today because it was a very weak field. the horse struggles against quality opposition. 

You are a tough judge OWM.

I would pass a kidney stone a day for 6 months to own a horse as good as White Socks.

I'm happy if mine qualify!

• Like 1

Greg worked for Colin Defillipi many years ago.While I would suggest that Greg was an average driver he was a very hard working and likeable fella and a great student of the game,and has obviously used these traits to become,along with Nina, a very astute trainer.

Young Ben has improved out of sight as a driver the last few months and has become very competent and confident.I was one of his biggest critics after a few very average drives but he has learnt and adjusted and I can see a big future for him.He can also analyse a race very well going by his interviews I have seen

The stable is a credit to the industry and they deserve every success they get

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I would pass a kidney stone a day for 6 months to own a horse as good as White Socks.

No you wouldn’t last a kidney stone a day Happy!

If you were doing that you would not last six months as your kidneys would be effed!

Hve had kidney stones many years ago and the worst pain you could imagine!

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2018 at 12:10 PM, Rangatira said:

gregs father peter trained in blenheim and occasionally drove

braedoon (cardigan bay 3yo stakes at wellington driven by peter) and lock rae were pretty decent

braedoon was the first horse i remember greg hope driving

if peter hope turned up at addington with a horse i paid careful attention

gregs colours are those of his father

Braedoon a very good horse

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 9:24 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

I not saying he is not a good horse what i am saying he is not a top liner. He won well at Methven but poor field no stars present. I don't think he is good enough to beat the likes of Pat's Delight, Spankem, Cruz Bromac, Tiger Tara even Star Galleria who performed below expectation at cuppa time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...