NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Friday Night Addington- 13 Races!

Brodie

I note Addington this Friday night has 13 races on offer!

Has any harness club ever run as many as 13 races before?

Just shows where the strength of harness races is and it is chalk and cheese when you compare to Auckland snd Cambridge!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

I note Addington this Friday night has 13 races on offer!

Has any harness club ever run as many as 13 races before?

Just shows where the strength of harness races is and it is chalk and cheese when you compare to Auckland snd Cambridge!

I thought it was a bit silly myself. 3 maiden races with about 8, 10 and 11 horses last time I looked. There is a low key meeting today with only 8 races, why not run those three maidens today?

2 hours ago, Doomed said:

I thought it was a bit silly myself. 3 maiden races with about 8, 10 and 11 horses last time I looked. There is a low key meeting today with only 8 races, why not run those three maidens today?

Looks like they are trying to get the Top Nz Trainers of trotters to race for the better money.

They race for $15,000 each of those 3 maidens Friday , compared to $8000 per race tonight. 

The maiden trot Friday Race 1 has the best in the country trotting gait stables of Nairn, Williamson, Jones and Dunns with their runners in racing for the TOP dollar. All Exceptionally hard to beat. (by any rival trainers)

Where-as tonight in race 2 ,(with these Trainers are absent) , that gives all the maiden trotters tonight in that race 2 a way way better chance of winning for their owners and Trainers.

So It's a Good thing really for everyone, to split them in this way.

It's a little closer with the pacers , but you would mostly find the 'Faster' placed maiden Pacers are in Friday in races 2 and 12 racing for twice as much money that they would get tonight.   

• Like 1