NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

What a stuff up ATC! Just don’t have them!

Brodie

As you will be well aware Brodie is not a fan of the short distance racing that is anything shorter than 1980metres, they just should not have them!

Now Auckland tonight had a final and it was programmed as 1700 metres, HRNZ had it as 1700m and the TAb had it 1700 and that is what the punters were betting into!

However the starter at Auckland was given a race book that said 1609 metres and thats what they raced over!

So the race will need to be a non race and every bet refunded to punters!

To be fair, the best result for ATC is to not run these terrible short distance races as they are awful betting propositions and normally there is horses that gallop just as they did tonight due to the starting position

What a mess and you gave to feel fir the winning connections!

Edited by Brodie

17 minutes ago, Brodie said:

As you will be well aware Brodie is not a fan of the short distance racing that is anything shorter than 1980metres, they just should not have them!

Now Auckland tonight had a final and it was programmed as 1700 metres, HRNZ had it as 1700m and the TAb had it 1700 and that is what the punters were betting into!

However the starter at Auckland was given a race book that said 1609 metres and thats what they raced over!

So the race will need to be a non race and every bet refunded to punters!

To be fair, the best result for ATC is to not run these terrible short distance races as they are awful betting propositions and normally there is horses that gallop just as they did tonight due to the starting position

What a mess and you gave to feel fir the winning connections!

a mistake for sure,but i think in reality if you were a punter you would be being unrealistic if you thought the small difference in starting distance should have meant they didn't confirm the result. In my opinion,the common sense decision was made when they confirmedit. No big deal in the whole scheme of things.

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

a mistake for sure,but i think in reality if you were a punter you would be being unrealistic if you thought the small difference in starting distance should have meant they didn't confirm the result. In my opinion,the common sense decision was made when they confirmedit. No big deal in the whole scheme of things.

Interesting that they confirmed it?

I dont bet very often at Auckland nowadays, in fact very rarely!

Personally think that punters shouldve been refunded as they were betting into a race that was meant to be 1700m and therefore the race was misrepresented.

the 1609m start is too close to the bend where at least the 1700m gives a longer run in!

Anyway nothing surprises me up in the North Island racing, there are many instances of puzzling decisions!