Bit Of A Yarn

You ALL must be very happy.!

According to the TAB they had massive requests for more bet options so I guess that makes "everybody" happy. Seems the $50m launch is Monday. The recipients of the $50M  I am sure will be happy for you if not happy for themselves.

On Monday we’ll be launching an exciting new TAB website and mobile app, along with tens of thousands of new fixed odds betting options.

Between 7pm Sunday, 6 January and 12pm Monday, 7 January we’ll be turning off our existing website and app, and moving our customer data from the old system into the new.

Races scheduled to take place during the outage will not be available for betting at any time on Sunday.

We’ll do our very best to complete this work as quickly as we can and expect normal services to be back up and running by 12pm.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Apart from a few more fixed odds options, what are we expecting to be different! I cant wait, im excited, im nearly peeing my pants

It will be interesting to know the true cost of receiving the Paddy Power fixed odds. THe more the options the more likely corruption. Not just in the field of play but a bookie employee sneaking through some inflated odds for some nondescript event.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Pie is only so big. More options equal smaller pools. Smaller pools equals less incentive to bet. Less bets equals falling turnover. Falling turnover equals smaller stakes. Really smart move by suits in power.

Exactly. No gain likely from the more options aspect for sure. Hopefully, it will reduce FOB offering costs though and maybe make FOB more competitive?

15 hours ago, The Centaur said:

It will be interesting to know the true cost of receiving the Paddy Power fixed odds. THe more the options the more likely corruption. Not just in the field of play but a bookie employee sneaking through some inflated odds for some nondescript event.

In terms of corruption the rumour mill says the TAB already have had employment issues which makes the alleged race fixing look like a non event.

23 minutes ago, Boxie said:

In terms of corruption the rumour mill says the TAB already have had employment issues which makes the alleged race fixing look like a non event.

The whole bookie system is open to corruption. I don't say in New Zealand but from overseas with the odds feeds. Also the cost of ensuring no corruption must be taken into account.

The TAB was settup to get rid of bookies. Many existed until the TAB closing times came closer to start time. If Bookies are going to compete internationally then  it will mean smaller and smaller margins until one day a super run by punters cleans the bookies out. Why is NZ racing taking that chance. Instead of putting resources into marketing racing the resources are going into fleecing the punter and making it so much harder to win on the punt. Just doesn't make sense or is it just short sighted greed.

• Like 2