Bit Of A Yarn

Chicken-Livered Bookies Round 2

On a  previous thread I noted the lack of spine in TAB Bookies, who had Melody Belle at a ridiculously short price to win  ($2.40 or thereabouts) the Railway WEEKS before the event.

As expected something came along and she was unstuck (in this case a tough barrier, primarily, and a couple of well-weighted in-form sprinters called Santa Monica and Princess Kereru).

So, on we go ...to the Telegraph..and guess what?

Melody Belle is ODDS-ON to win the Telegraph, a fortnight before the race. She may not even make the race (by accident or design),  the field has not been declared or the weights or the barrier draw.

but, despite the Railway result, the invertebrates known as TAB HQ think she is a home run.  

Edited by Weasel

1 hour ago, SLB2.0 said:

Can't remember which race it was on Saturday, but the TAB were offering $1.85 FO place for a runner at Ruakaka --- meanwhile, I was able to get $2.65 at BetEasy.

Easy decision where to go.

Agree. Dont know why anyone would bet win or place on tote at nz tab, when beteasy offer same prices + 5%. 

I see beteasy just follow nz tab with their fixed odds, but as the tab reacts straight away and drop prices, some good fixed odds still at beteasy. Add in the bet boosts, reward points etc, no brainer