Bit Of A Yarn

nzoaks

wally

It was an exciting race, watched by a very good crowd incidentally, but the kudos must go to Matt Roberts and his team.

I have always felt that there is a definite advantage in bringing your dog(s) to Addington early for a trial before lining up in these big races and that is what Matt had arranged. Curiously, I believe last night's winner was the slowest of Matt's three when they had their first trial. However, that experience plus the (winning) heat race really paid off. Krusty was always going to need a little luck in the running but once again, she showed she has great potential.

Hilton Forabet wasn't quite as sharp last night which was not altogether surprising after coming off a 6-week break to win her heat so well the week before. I also feel this bitch might have been better drawn at perhaps two or three. That aside, she stuck to her guns very well and her third placing in such a good Oaks final was quite meritorious.

What would Sheza Rippa have done? We will never know.

If you thought the times were not perhaps up to scratch last night spare a thought for the dogs. It was cold out there. Windy and cold.

• Like 3