Bit Of A Yarn

GRNZ Rule 47.10

Yankiwi

I haven't formed an opinion whether GRNZ rule 47.10 is right or not, but it is another that seems to be continually ignored by the RIU...

47.10 A Greyhound must at all times whilst on the Racecourse wear a Muzzle acceptable to the Stewards. 

Simply have a look at any of Peter Fenemor's articles on the GRNZ website & spot the non-compliance...

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=3038

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=3036

In todays day & age and after the recent Wanganui saga, what does anyone think will happen the day some kid walks past the podium at Manukau, Cambridge (or the like) wearing those sneakers with squeakers in them & a dog has a go at the moving white thing that the noise is coming from. How hard would it be to a member of the public to open up a huge lawsuit against a club or GRNZ because a place winner in a race had a chomp on a kids ankle?

A Greyhound at a racecourse not wearing a muzzle is against the rules, it's not enforced by the RIU and to boot, GRNZ provide all the evidence needed to prove that it hasn't been enforced for many, many years.

Edited by Yankiwi

My view its not a problem. It becomes a problem when one makes it one. To date, I do not think there has ever been an incident when dogs are on the dias, or coming back after a race. It is against the nature of a Greyhound to attack humans whether they are adults or kids, and no amount of squeakers in kids shoe's will change this. Long may common sense prevail. Anyway, if a kid was that stupid to wear squeakers in their shoes, they deserve to be attacked, then taken out the back and given a good spanking.

• Haha 2

Guest CrossCodes

Agree Aquaman, it’s one of those rules where common sense has to apply, every single rule in life and law has to have some practicality applied to it, jaywalking is still against the law isn’t it and imagine if that was applied to every single person.

You have to pick your battles Yankiwi and this one is better just left alone.

7 hours ago, aquaman said:

My view its not a problem. It becomes a problem when one makes it one. To date, I do not think there has ever been an incident when dogs are on the dias, or coming back after a race. It is against the nature of a Greyhound to attack humans whether they are adults or kids, and no amount of squeakers in kids shoe's will change this. Long may common sense prevail. Anyway, if a kid was that stupid to wear squeakers in their shoes, they deserve to be attacked, then taken out the back and given a good spanking.

Don’t let Helen Clarke see what you’ve written Aquaman as she would have you put against the wall and shot . 

Spanking my god

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, aquaman said:

My view its not a problem.

In my view it is a HUGE problem.

It is the RIU's responsibility to enforce GRNZ rules as they are written.

The RIU doesn't get to choose which rules they enforce & which ones they simply ignore, do they?

The problem for me isn't whether any dog is wearing muzzles or not. My problem is that the RIU isn't doing what they are tasked with doing.