Bit Of A Yarn

The best tipster is not Brodie...it is....

51 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

...seemingly Greg O'Connor according to the TAB. Beating out his mate Mark McNamara.

Cancel the trial form and video analyzing fellas....just tune into the dynamic duo on channel 62 a few minutes before each race. ?

image.thumb.png.6a19141df076e09aba2a43ab43db25c6.png

Well done he found the favourite or second favourite in the last seven races. Bold tipping indeed. Almost as good as the whales video tips who usually pay around 1.50 for a win but get beaten more often than not. 

Mark McNamara I think the best tipper of the presenters and he is not afraid to put his balls on the line and tip out a horse paying $20.00

• Like 1

If punters follow Trackside presenters and commentators tipscthat win , then that is great.

Personaly prefer to sort my own out, as that is more fun and rewarding I would’ve thought?

Funny listening to some of the Trackside tipsters, like Dave MacDonald, as he just about tips the whole damn field, and you would go broke backing them all!

Key number in that press release is the ROI. 

If a tipster is returning a strong ROI consistently, then they're worth following. 

Greg O is pretty astute. Does more homework and form than anyone I know and those results above are no surprise. He consistently finds winners in his selections, even some of the longer ones. 

Mark Mac tends to look for the value in a selection. I like that. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Key number in that press release is the ROI. 

If a tipster is returning a strong ROI consistently, then they're worth following. 

Greg O is pretty astute. Does more homework and form than anyone I know and those results above are no surprise. He consistently finds winners in his selections, even some of the longer ones. 

Mark Mac tends to look for the value in a selection. I like that. 

The sample sizes are very small though, so it's impossible to conclude anything really. If they maintained these sorts of ROIs over, say, a 6 month period, that would certainly be impressive. But I doubt that will happen (tipping on every race is just too hard).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil said:

The sample sizes are very small though, so it's impossible to conclude anything really. If they maintained these sorts of ROIs over, say, a 6 month period, that would certainly be impressive. But I doubt that will happen (tipping on every race is just too hard).

Couldn't agree more. I keep stats for a certain moniker that appears ahead of every race meeting and it's tough going to maintain consistency. 

• Like 1