Bit Of A Yarn

Lukyanova race2

What do others think about that drive.

Looked like he was  just sitting on it. if you watch its previous race where he urged it along it was trotting with the same action.,so why was he holding on to it this time. Maybe its just the way he drives,he did the same on westy boyz 3 times in a row,until the bigger stake was up.

Does  Cambridge having half the stakes compared to Auckland lead to such inconsistent and questionable driving?

40 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A good yank on the chain at the end lol.

Who knows though, I have never driven a horse so hard for me to know what the rein action means.

Should drivers be encouraged to let the horse go and if it breaks so be it?

The horse lifts its head 150m out when the driver takes hold of it,In my opinion because the driver thought he may win.  K marshall then seems at a loss as to whether to let it go or hang on to it,doing his best to make it look like he was trying. That's my opinion after watching it several times. In my opinion the horse was pulled,and probably the most obvious case I have seen for some time..  Watch the horses action and watch its head and read its body language.

I'm confident i'm correct after reading the stipes report. They did not even mention the drive.

The north island stipes  are blind as.  

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

But stipes want to crucify a young guy who gets $8 k five and stood down from driving for 18 months .

Then they don’t question not trying drives but appeal a tough penalty because the better qualified made a sensible decision .

Incompetent RIU . 

Stop crying just because 1 of your mates is on a few charges.

with attitudes like yours no wonder the industry is currently facing huge integrity issues.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

stop crying just because 1 of your mates is on a few charges.

with attitudes like yours no wonder the industry is currently facing huge integrity issues.

I think in his own unique way he may be saying If the stipes can't even identify what is right there in front of their eyes, it undermines confidence in their ability on everything.   I think the integrity unit has internal issues to deal with.  exhibit a-race 2 at Cambridge..

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, the galah said:

What do others think about that drive.

Looked like he was  just sitting on it. if you watch its previous race where he urged it along it was trotting with the same action.,so why was he holding on to it this time. Maybe its just the way he drives,he did the same on westy boyz 3 times in a row,until the bigger stake was up.

Does  Cambridge having half the stakes compared to Auckland lead to such inconsistent and questionable driving?

Didn't want to comment until I'd watched the race.

I've seen much worse in terms of commitment to win a race and nothing be said. I watched a WA race a few days ago. Horse was deservedly at just over yours for theirs after a little bit of the blows and driven by champion WA driver Chris Lewis. Sitting three back on the outside after doing zero work. Horse looked to be doing handstands but Lewis didn't move. Train started going from the back and still Lewis didn't move. It paused two lengths off him for several strides. Lewis fully aware what was happening but still didn't move. By the time the train had passed him, he had zero hope of winning. Horse stormed home to finish just off them full of running. Farcical. Made up panels in the last 300. As clear a case of a driver deliberately not giving a horse the chance of obtaining best possible placing you will see. Nothing said. Turn the page. It's their EFTPOS card and they use it when and how it suits them. 

For what it's worth, I don't think there was anything dubious with Lukyanova here. To my eye, horse looked less than happy twice in the straight and Marshall looked to be holding it together more than anything else. Give the driver the benefit of the doubt but in saying that, I've seen him be very kind to a horse one week when no real money came for it only to drive it to win like his gonads depended on it the following week when the money coincidentally did come for it. Does leave you feeling a tad disillusioned at times, especially when the stipes can't or won't see what even blind Freddy can see. Anyone who thinks they have your back is optimistic at best, deluded at worst. 

All we want is consistency. 

• Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Joe Kidd said:

For what it's worth, I don't think there was anything dubious with Lukyanova here. To my eye, horse looked less than happy twice in the straight and Marshall looked to be holding it together more than anything else. Give the driver the benefit of the doubt but in saying that, I've seen him be very kind to a horse one week when no real money came for it only to drive it to win like his gonads depended on it the following week when the money coincidentally did come for it. Does leave you feeling a tad disillusioned at times, especially when the stipes can't or won't see what even blind Freddy can see. Anyone who thinks they have your back is optimistic at best, deluded at worst. 

All we want is consistency. 

I guess it all comes down to the way we see it . 

You thought he was holding it together more than anything else.  To that I would say it was trotting the same throughout the race,the same it had in its previous run when he had driven it out, so why not give it its chance to run faster. To me the obvious answer answer is what I have stated. I would go further  and say the video shows he garbbed hold resulted in it lifting its head a couple of times. 

Your happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Fair enough.

I think he's a crook myself.              And I think the stipes couldn't care less.

I have interesting memories me  of a driver from the past who used to drive with similar colours. 

I''ve labored the point enough now,so that's my last comment.