Bit Of A Yarn

For all the Know alls out there !!

James Bond

And there are plenty on this site.

Time to put up or shut up, as there are a lot out there that know all the rules what is going on within this sport.

http://www.riu.org.nz/employment/stipendiary-stewards-2

Due to an impending retirement the RIU will have a vacancy for the role of Chief Stipendiary Steward Greyhound Racing. This role will, along with the other members of the RIU team, contribute to the effective operation of racing and ensure that rules and regulations both on and off course are followed and are fully adhered too, with the result that racing is conducted with integrity and there is enhanced public confidence in our industry. 

As the Chief Steward of Greyhound Racing you will have detailed race day stewarding experience in that code, specifically race day operations and the Rules of Greyhound Racing. 
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, theshu said:

Surely someone from the greyhound forum will apply for this fantastic job and change all the shenanighans  that  have been going on in your favoured sport.

What are the chances of a successful applicant being chosen from this forum or any greyhound forum for that matter? What are the chances of getting an interview after raising industry concerns? What are the chances of affecting positive change via such an appointment?

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

As the Chief Steward of Greyhound Racing you will have detailed race day stewarding experience in that code, specifically race day operations and the Rules of Greyhound Racing. 

Know alls wouldn't have a chance of filling this position.

The ad is merely written as a formality to fulfil requirements.

The precursors are written so the role will be ultimately be filled by someone already on the RIU books.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Know alls wouldn't have a chance of filling this position.

The ad is merely written as a formality to fulfil requirements.

The precursors are written so the role will be ultimately be filled by someone already on the RIU books.

Mate, You would be overqualified for this job 

• Like 2

Scotty Wallis. Surely  you are joking? This parasite stole a licensed members woman and  married her.. The lady was  also Stephen McInerneys girl at the time Cole set the Mongrel mob onto her at Palmy while heavily pregnant.  The R.I.U. is reportedly under investigationn so maybe it will come out in the wash. Let's hope so!! The mere fact the application has to be forwarded to one M.Godber, stinks of further corruption.... 

29 minutes ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Scotty Wallis. Surely  you are joking? This parasite stole a licensed members woman and  married her.. The lady was  also Stephen McInerneys girl at the time Cole set the Mongrel mob onto her at Palmy while heavily pregnant.  The R.I.U. is reportedly under investigationn so maybe it will come out in the wash. Let's hope so!! The mere fact the application has to be forwarded to one M.Godber, stinks of further corruption.... 

That’s correct it was on tv3 a little red head trainer was interviewed telling the hole story Campbell live I think 

If the RIU are serious regarding Integrity then the appointment of a Chief Greyhound Steward needs to be outside of the current individuals they employ.

I think Charles  ( Yankiwi ) should apply for the position , this job should be held by someone who can 

1 )  Read a race

2 )  Able to distinguish the difference between failing to pursue and marring

3 )  Must not under any circumstances have any ties with any kennels from the   

past or in the future .

4 )  lntegrity and Honesty are paramount for this job .

it’s  honesty your industry needs so Charles you need to apply

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

7 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

If the RIU are serious regarding Integrity then the appointment of a Chief Greyhound Steward needs to be outside of the current individuals they employ.

I think Charles  ( Yankiwi ) should apply for the position , this job should be held by someone who can 

1 )  Read a race

past or in the future .

I agree. I would vote for you.

53 minutes ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Scotty Wallis. Surely  you are joking

A week or so past a large trainer had a bitch scratched as she was bleeding in season So was scratched on the table in accordance with the rules yet a Stipendary Steward tried to have that ruling overturned so that the bitch could start but the vet stood her ground and stood by the rules .

And what do you know within a week of that bitch being in season she  “ miraculously “  recovered from her seasonal complaint and her 28 day standown was rescinded .

Amazing 

With the latest Technology, The Head Steward could be better positioned to watch all race meetings from a designated office. From here he/she  could direct the On site Steward for action. It would also make sure that the Race day Steward was keeping eveything in order including Dress requirements,kennel proceeding and vet checks,  etc. Camera's at this location could be conected to Kennel, Track in general, bar area etc. and parading prior to races and  importantly as well the Starting process as well.. This Head Steward should be involved in  suggesting all revamps of our dismal rules that are achaic and even when reviewed is handled by a Rules Committee that wouldn't know shit from clay.

19 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

A week or so past a large trainer had a bitch scratched as she was bleeding in season So was scratched on the table in accordance with the rules yet a Stipendary Steward tried to have that ruling overturned so that the bitch could start but the vet stood her ground and stood by the rules .

And what do you know within a week of that bitch being in season she  “ miraculously “  recovered from her seasonal complaint and her 28 day standown was rescinded .

Amazing 

To reverse a season at this stage would have taken a large dose of Testosterone, certainly enough in volume to show within that short period in a swab. Did  Scotty Wallis pick up on  this and act or will it be joked about at the next Family piss up? Don't forget the original hormoning ruling was scrapped because John Mc had his bitches so enlarged in the Clitoral area  they couldn't piss without yelping.. 

53 minutes ago, cichlid said:

With the latest Technology, The Head Steward could be better positioned to watch all race meetings from a designated office. From here he/she  could direct the On site Steward for action. It would also make sure that the Race day Steward was keeping eveything in order including Dress requirements,kennel proceeding and vet checks,  etc. Camera's at this location could be conected to Kennel, Track in general, bar area etc. and parading prior to races and  importantly as well the Starting process as well.. This Head Steward should be involved in  suggesting all revamps of our dismal rules that are achaic and even when reviewed is handled by a Rules Committee that wouldn't know shit from clay.

Effectively a TMO.

46 minutes ago, Cockyaleg said:

Effectively a TMO.

Yes,  and one voted on by Licensed members . One that we all Respect and Trust to do an honest job with Integrity. Actually I have a feeling the Association might go along with this as the R.I.U.has been a negative Issue with some of them for some time.  What are the  Posters and Licensed members views on this ?..Have your say on here  openly as this is not likely to score you any negative points under the so Called Media Policy so unfairly imposed on you (Blackmail)  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cichlid said:

Yes,  and one voted on by Licensed members . One that we all Respect and Trust to do an honest job with Integrity. Actually I have a feeling the Association might go along with this as the R.I.U.has been a negative Issue with some of them for some time.  What are the  Posters and Licensed members views on this ?..Have your say on here  openly as this is not likely to score you any negative points under the so Called Media Policy so unfairly imposed on you (Blackmail)  

I like the idea. 

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Amazing 

Happens all the time with the McInerney bitches, scratched in season then a week later amazingly not, hate to think of all the shit they have in their system.

2 hours ago, cichlid said:

The last time LP's voted on something that process was corrupted too, by Rendle/Holden and co,  4 votes for G Calverly magically turned into 104 votes, just so they could keep their muppet on the board. LP's have lost every ounce of power they might've once had, and a failure to stand up to this  corruption means it's now too far gone to ever get it back.

Thanks, T.Girl,  yes agreed, Rendle has a lot to do with his underhanded  dealings while Head of the Board and a hell of a lot of answering for him comming up yet.   It is never too late,  and I believe this is one genuine chance for a reunited Greyhound Community to rectify the hopeless situation certain aspects  Greyhound Racing is experiencing. This is one position  (Chief Stipendary Steward) that we need to get right and by Re writing the Job description could very well put us all on the right track to eliminating possible corruption and give licensed members a form of security  back that Rendle robbed us of. We have a job to do though as, Hannan and Barsi need to get online with this and be tugged away from the chain of deceit that helped lead us thus far. I am sure apart from those two most others on the Board and at Association level would approve and why not?  The placing of Scotty Wallis in this position Will not work, period!!.... in my opinion  

5 hours ago, Arsenic said:

1 )  Read a race

past or in the future .

Quite a compliment Arsenic. Thank you for that.

I have previously entertained the idea of becoming a Steward. It's a position I feel I could really excel at under the right circumstances.

That said, I can not image myself dealing on that level with all the corruption which would be surrounding me, which I've been able to detect even from the outside looking in. 

What advancements towards instilling integrity does anyone think I could succeed in, with a line up of superiors that looks like this?

image.png.cfb15e84af11f78c05f3da1bb7fdf074.png 

Some serious cage rattling would be required & it's something I'm very good at doing. But cage rattling also needs support of your superiors or you end up being the egg that gets cooked.

Who do you think Mike would be backing, if I went to him with some serious concerns over his #2 or #3 man?

Well, since I'm not an ass kisser, I know exactly where I'd stand in that kind of show-down.

So thanks again for the suggestion Arsenic, but there's no way in hell I would ever set my integrity aside to go to work for them clowns.

• Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Amazing 

The RIU have let male dogs be scratched for being in season.

Sasha McBell was scratched more than once when she was still a male. It took me three inquiry's to finally get it rectified and she finally became a bitch of record just before she was retired.... 

So much for race day greyhound identification...

tempsnip.png.d2b16d62f960d88029c42dc60ac97533.png

image.png.35e7e1296615381cb00113e1f6ea91e8.png

2 hours ago, That Girl said:

The last time LP's voted on something that process was corrupted too, by Rendle/Holden and co,  4 votes for G Calverly magically turned into 104 votes, just so they could keep their muppet on the board. LP's have lost every ounce of power they might've once had, and a failure to stand up to this  corruption means it's now too far gone to ever get it back.

Funny you bring this up Girly...

I relinquished my GRNZ license in 2015, yet I still have voting papers, in the original envelope they came in, here for the 2016 NZGRA BOARD ELECTIONS. I've also got the self addressed return envelope addressed to Phil Holden/Vikki Lust, which was against GRNZ rules in 2016.

Therefore - I had the opportunity to vote for the LP Rep even though I was no longer an LP...

How's that for integrity from the 2016 version of GRNZ headquarters?

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

The RIU have let male dogs be scratched for being in season.

Sasha McBell was scratched more than once when she was still a male. It took me three inquiry's to finally get it rectified and she finally became a bitch of record just before she was retired.... 

So much for race day greyhound identification...

tempsnip.png.d2b16d62f960d88029c42dc60ac97533.png

image.png.35e7e1296615381cb00113e1f6ea91e8.png

Yes so True,   Old News  Move On...