Bit Of A Yarn

Potential Stars

Ghost

Seen a couple of really nice winners at Randwick Anzac day

The first was The Autumn Sun raced 3 wide with cover looked to be struggling at the turn before showing a great turn of foot at the 200 putting them away comfortably 

The other Cradle Mountain won a trial recently as it liked did a similar job Wednesday only beaten once

A couple of progressive types will be interesting to watch their progress moving forward 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Big ask for Cradle Mountain will be 2nd up barrier 8 over 1100mtrs at Scone Saturday with 60kgs Jason Collett up

These are the types of horses I like to lay on Betfair big weight, wide draw, second up $1-65 is ridiculous odds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

These are the types of horses I like to lay on Betfair big weight, wide draw, second up $1-65 is ridiculous odds

I like to lay pretty much most horses at $1.65. But the weight and wide draw actually makes me less likely to do that as the price will likely be higher than it would be with different factors. Those factors are not likely to affect the horses chance in my view as is my view generally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Warwick Farm Wednesday  Race 1

Sir Owen

Drawn a gate trained by the Snowden’s 

Michael Walker up as I think this is owned by Owen Glenn

Has had two really good trials the latest really savaged the line beating home last start winner The Autumn Sun

Will be winning

• 2 weeks later...

Nice run by Sir Owen better suited on a bigger track 

The Autumn Sun wins his group 1 at just his third start he will have a brief spell now before being aimed at the Caulfield Guineas 

I will be watching futures betting on Sir Owen and The Autumn Sun for the VRC Derby both look likely types can’t wait for the spring  some superstars of the turf will be back including Winx going for a 4th Cox Plate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So The Autumn Sun before noms is favourite for the VRC Derby 17-1

Nature Strip when he burst onto the scene the initial thoughts group one material Everest???? Now trained by Darren Weir 

Does anyone know if Smart Patch went to Hong Kong?

20 hours ago, Ghost said:

Does anyone know if Smart Patch went to Hong Kong?

Is this the neddy that LA said to DC would improve with the run, yet missed the start only to win by 5 under a half nelson.

20 hours ago, Ghost said:

So The Autumn Sun before noms is favourite for the VRC Derby 17-1

Do you know if Chris is going to apply the blinkers for the Derby?

Let’s not exaggerate the facts Jasper 

There was a brief transmission outage when Master Coppins was interviewing Lance and the missing dialogue went something like this I expect Smart Patch to win by 5.......transmission then resumed and LA then expressed  that they expected the gelding to improve further with blinkers on

And NO CJW won’t be applying the blinkers to The Autumn Sun in the spring they’re reserved for the Autumn when the sun is out

Edited by Ghost

On 21/06/2018 at 5:55 PM, Ghost said:

Nature Strip when he burst onto the scene the initial thoughts group one material Everest???? Now trained by Darren Weir 

6 of the 12 slots have been confirmed with English taking the latest slot

There was a significant move for Nature Strip last night with it being backed in from  26s into 18  I’m expecting NS  to be one of those last 6 I know if I was a slot holder I’d be making a serious enquiry 

Havent had a chance to watch the replay of NS last start but thought I heard them say it ran .11 outside the track record with 60.5kgs on its back originally with Smerdon then Hickmont then Sadler now in the right barn to reach its full potential 

Ive gambled on it being one of the last 6 and have taken numerous doubles racing and sport with it

Also numerous doubles with The Autumn Sun to win the Guineas at 15s

• Like 1

On 27/06/2018 at 6:16 PM, N1MUE said:

Saw a very nice 2yo Smart Missile filly win at Canterbury Park in Sydney today - Smart Melody - looked very very good!!

Brenton Avdulla very impressed 

16-1 to win the Golden Rose

The spring is shaping as one of the best ever

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2018 at 10:29 AM, Ghost said:

There was a significant move for Nature Strip last night with it being backed in from  26s into 18  I’m expecting NS  to be one of those last 6 I know if I was a slot holder I’d be making a serious enquiry 

Surely!!!!!!!!

Nature Strip surrounded by daylight, as he bolted in for the Group 3 UBET Lightning Stakes (Image: Atkins Photography)

Nature Strip surrounded by daylight, as he bolted in for the Group 3 UBET Lightning Stakes (Image: Atkins Photography)

Weir: None faster than Nature Strip

andrewe.jpg?h=100&w=100&la=en&hash=B5CFF

Andrew Eddy@fastisheddy

28 July, 2018

, (

Darren Weir says Nature Strip is the fastest horse in the country, but the master trainer still managed to find some faults in the horse's blistering performance in the UBET Lightning Stakes (1050m) at Morphettville on Saturday.

Nature Strip left jaws dropping around the country when he put away one of the season's premier juveniles in Sunlight when recording 33.27s for his final 600 metres of the 1050-metre Lightning in what turned out to be a one-act affair that the $1.50 favourite won by six lengths.

Weir is in awe of Nature Strip's speed but he's a perfectionist and can see some improvement to come.

"It wasn't overly pretty with him missing the start and over-racing a bit, but there wouldn't be a faster horse going around," Weir said from Caulfield after watching the race on Racing.com.

"He got trucking up a bit getting towards the corner but then when he went around the corner and let rip, it was always going to make it hard for the others to run home down."

After settling behind her, Nature Strip burned off the two-year-old star Sunlight ($2.60) on the home turn and had six lengths on that filly on the line with a further length to Fancy Rumble ($81) in third place.

Weir said he had no doubts that Nature Strip's name will continue to be thrown around as an Everest contender after he firmed in the market for the race from $26 to $11 on Saturday evening despite not yet owning a spot.

"Look, at the end of it all, it was a terrific run away from that and it will give some people a few things to think about," Weir said.

"He's an exciting horse and once he learns to get it altogether and switch off, 1200 metres won't be any worry."

Jockey Damian Lane said he felt the horse did not over-race after missing the start slightly but rather he just wanted to go another speed to his rivals.

"I think he would have sat at Sunlight's girth really comfortably if she'd gone a good tempo, but she just tried to slacken off in the middle stages," Lane said.

"It wasn't that he over-raced. She was just going too slow for him and he just wanted to get on with it.

"He's a very good horse and I wouldn't have expected anything less of him to tell you the truth.

"The best part of his races are from the 600 to the 300 where he's getting to his top and really cruises through his gears."

• 1 month later...

Spring is here

The Autumn Sun will resume next Saturday then onto The Golden Rose then down to Melbourne for the Caulfield Guineas the owner is very keen to win a Derby so that is a possibility 

More Sunday’s impressive trialist who had won impressively at Geelong is in the first at Randwick Saturday has been backed from 2-30 into odds on

Smart Melody 2 starts 2 impressive wins is running in the 5th race at Wyong today

Maggie Miss unraced 3 yr old filly in the Waterhouse stable has had 2 trials attacked the line winning her first trial fastest trial of the morning for that distance just recently had her 2nd trial August 28th Rachael King took her to the front then gave her a little nudge and she gaped them by 12 she’s pretty special

Sir Owen I mentioned this bloke was one to watch out for he is very very good Michael Walker came up from Melbourne to ride Sir Owen it was the last trial of the day and Wow worth watching only over 740 mtrs

Avilius how impressive has this bloke been holds a nom for the Melbourne Cup

Best Of Days lines up in the last at Randwick was the best of good things beaten backable odds J McDonald up should win

Happy punting everyone

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Spring is here

The Autumn Sun will resume next Saturday then onto The Golden Rose then down to Melbourne for the Caulfield Guineas the owner is very keen to win a Derby so that is a possibility 

More Sunday’s impressive trialist who had won impressively at Geelong is in the first at Randwick Saturday has been backed from 2-30 into odds on

Smart Melody 2 starts 2 impressive wins is running in the 5th race at Wyong today

Maggie Miss unraced 3 yr old filly in the Waterhouse stable has had 2 trials attacked the line winning her first trial fastest trial of the morning for that distance just recently had her 2nd trial August 28th Rachael King took her to the front then gave her a little nudge and she gaped them by 12 she’s pretty special

Sir Owen I mentioned this bloke was one to watch out for he is very very good Michael Walker came up from Melbourne to ride Sir Owen it was the last trial of the day and Wow worth watching only over 740 mtrs

Avilius how impressive has this bloke been holds a nom for the Melbourne Cup

Best Of Days lines up in the last at Randwick was the best of good things beaten backable odds J McDonald up should win

Happy punting everyone

Great stuff Ghost.

Beau Arrow looked pretty handy winning 2 from 2 at Ipswich the other day,especially around the Queensland !!

Edited by Mooncoin
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 8/09/2018 at 8:00 AM, Mooncoin said:

Didn't think they would back this fella up so quickly, but a few scratchings in the field I think this race on a big track will suit this late bloomer!!

Doomben R1 Beau Arrow

Nice turn of foot to nail them right on the line Mooncoin

The Autumn Sun that was tough to watch

$8-50 available on Sportsbet to win the Golden Rose  that’s a gift!!!!

Maggie Miss will make her debut for the Waterhouse Bott stable Wednesday expecting Red figures to go up 

• Like 2