Bit Of A Yarn

Wanganui Distance Final

BitofaLegend

It's never easy to predict how the last 55 metres of these 755m races will turn out  but I think Dusty Gambler will hang on especially as it has a better draw than Ring The Bell.

Two years ago Nitehawk Rose was down at Addington attempting unsuccessfully to qualify for the NZ Oaks Final but she has raced well over that period and is well placed to get some of the money tonight.

Then there is Translator who could cause trouble when it comes across to the rail from the outside box but can distance really well; the very capable Cristiane Cyborg which has a mind of its own as to how it races these days;  the grinder Vicki Keeping, the ever-consistent Little Bit Funny and the outsider Peekay Shout.

A splendid line-up but I will settle for 2/5/1/8.

Yes a very good race & impressed by the run of CC.

However now in the aftermath, it has left a big question in my mind.

Why was there hair swabs taken from four of the eight entrants from Thursday nights group one race (Oaks) yet none taken on Friday nights group one race (Wanganui Distance Final)?

Come to think of it, why is it that Addington the only track in the country to have hair swabs collected on a raceday thus far (third time I believe)?

I'm not saying anything is dodgy, but with those stats it does ring that something is a bit foul.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Yes a very good race & impressed by the run of CC.

However now in the aftermath, it has left a big question in my mind.

Why was there hair swabs taken from four of the eight entrants from Thursday nights group one race (Oaks) yet none taken on Friday nights group one race (Wanganui Distance Final)?

Come to think of it, why is it that Addington the only track in the country to have hair swabs collected on a raceday thus far (third time I believe)?

I'm not saying anything is dodgy, but with those stats it does ring that something is a bit foul.

Have you rung the RIU or NZGRA? they will be best place to answer your question and get the correct answer as well

• Like 1

It would be fitting to have the swab proceedures made more Transparent perhaps? The story I get is that the RIU General Manager receives the swabs and it is totally in his hands from there. In Christchurchs case the swabs would have to be overseen and sent to the various agencies for testing. Hair swabs are done in one place only I believe in Australia.. If the testing was only asked specifically to cover only certain substances this could severly restrict the chances of    eg.   Arsenic being detected.. The results on completion are  once again in the sole hands of the General Manager? I am not suggesting we have corrrupt practises amongst our Integrity Unit..but more the reason the transparencies of the overall proceedure could be explained...?   

• Like 1