Bit Of A Yarn

Ashburton Harness Meeting Abandoned 28 April 2018

Chief Stipe

Not unusual. 

Forbury last year (?) when south Dunedin was under water. Banks Peninsula was cancelled once recently too wasn't it? Wasn't there another in the North Island in January?

It happens, just not as much as our galloping cousins. We are lucky really. Although we may just be a wee bit tougher and harder than our cousins...

• Haha 1

Amazing, wonder if someone left on sprinklers?

I would say that some sort of blockage , with autumn leaves etc caused issue. Talked to a couple of punters, they also were surprised. Looks like winning post drain blocked, should have looked earlier on, surely could have pumped it out. 

3D94CB67-9761-4D3B-A035-3486C0A8201B.jpeg

very disappointing.I live in Ashburton and couldn't believe that we had enough rain to call the races off.No way should the track be looking like that.Doesnt look good for Ashburtons staff as have had a lot of trouble with galloping track last couple of years too.

I just hope our committee can bounce back,with this,losing Jewels and losing boxing day as well.It seems that the powers that be don't rate Ashburton or is it all just big bully boy tactics.

Quite ironic how Ken Spicer is now in control at HRNZ and he was brought up in Ashburton and since he has been in charge we have lost our 2 most important meetings,