Bit Of A Yarn

Well what a surprise.

Arsenic

Just one day after the revelation that the Cole Kennel are to be charged with live baiting , Guess what there dogs are starting at Wanganui today.

The immediate response from the Greyhounds New Zealand Board was outstanding.

Not a fucken word , what a gutless bunch of bludgers who sit on their arse put there hand out for the glory and cash  for what “ Nothing “

You spineless bunch of pricks .

The Cole dogs are racing today at Wanganui , so of course your response  or lack of clearly shows that it’s okay to live bait just carry on racing .

I think you should either all stand down now or be fired .

Talk about incompetence you people certainly take the prize for that.

The Cole dogs need to be scratched today and every other day they cannot carry on racing .

What a bunch of numnuts

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Seems to me that GRNZ does not want to act on this information.

They took my license off me for absolutely no reason. In the report written by GRNZ that was provided to me, it was due to the charges that I may or may not have received at a future date (and were thrown out by the JCA) which in their eyes, made me an inappropriate person to be in the racing industry.

GRNZ saying they cannot act is complete BS and sickening when they have written the new rules in such a way that they have the power to do whatever they want to a licensed person whenever they want, with or without proof. 

Edited by Jacob
  • Like 5
  • Champ Post 2

GRNZ are an appalling organisation if they refuse to act on these charges. As I've said previously, I could see Winston doing over here what happened in Australia GRV and GRNSW when that all happened. They should be the leaders of the industry, not directing it down this dark and dangerous road

16 minutes ago, Jacob said:

They took my license off me for absolutely no reason. In the report written by GRNZ that was provided to me, it was due to the charges that I may or may not have received at a future date (and were thrown out by the JCA) which in their eyes, made me an inappropriate person to be in the racing industry.

GRNZ saying they cannot act is complete BS and sickening when they have written the new rules in such a way that they have the power to do whatever they want to a licensed person whenever they want, with or without proof. 

And I sympathise with you, Jacob. Us little people are just considered collateral damage. We have no money to fight and so become easy targets. They do to us whatever takes their fancy. The Cole machine is backed by a millionaire, and that scares the crap out of them. The kennel should have been suspended immediately, not just Cole. Cole transferred all his dogs into his wife's name overnight to beat the bankruptcy rules, and they let him just keep on trucking. Lisa Cole, greyhound trainer is a big bloody lie, but as her name is on the door, the kennel has to go. And Rendle should be gone as well. Davey boy was not the only GRNZ board member who had knowledge of the substances that weren't being tested for.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jacob said:

Too big to fail?
If we knocked the puppy millers and the live baiters on the head, would there be enough dogs to sustain a dozen or so salaries in Petone?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Testy said:

Too big to fail?
If we knocked the puppy millers and the live baiters on the head, would there be enough dogs to sustain a dozen or so salaries in Petone?

Absolutely!, someone here must know how many dogs don’t get a start each week, I bet  more don’t get a start  than do 

Denis Schofield was given 2 years disqualification for a drug offence he didn’t even have anything to do with .

The Coles carry on racing as though nothing’s changed , yet the Cole charges are would be the worst case of animal abuse ever .

This Cole affair would have to be 50 times worse than what Dennis Schofield was charged with .

• Like 4

Didn't Rebecca watch the news lastnight? 

Thank God for the good work of journalist Mike Morrah for keeping us updated. Imagine if we were relying on GRNZ for things to be 'made public' or 'released'...can bet they'll be taking it one step at a time letting everyone else do the digging, talk about REactive not proactive!

• Like 2

I don't know what legal advice association are getting but if they were even the slightest bit interested in protecting the integrity of the sport, Cole personally and the kennel should be instantly suspended and licenses revoked pending court case.

If this was any small time trainer we wouldn't even be having this conversation, they would have been outed 2 years ago and rightly so.

When the four corners story hit in OZ trainers were put out instantly no matter how big the name, Darren MacDonald, Reg Kay etc. I couldn't care less if the fields are decimated in the CD for a few weeks, the future of the sport is much more important.

GRNZ owe all the hardworking participants a full and honest explanation of how and why we are in the position we find ourselves today, right back to when Rendle entered the scene lining his own pockets at industry's expense. Until such time the current board and CEO have absolutely no credibility.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 3

So 2 years on and grnz is still putting integrity of the sport in the hands of the spca who clealry have been under-resourced to investigate this matter in a timely manner. RIU should have funded a thorough investigation in conjunction with spca if needs be 2 years ago and had this to the point of charges being laid at least 18 months ago. All that money since been funding Cole/Rendle and the bigtime machine that could have found it's way to honest participants. Pathetic, now you want to minimize impact on entire industry.. bit late for that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bamboozla said:

I don't know what legal advice association are getting but if they were even the slightest bit interested in protecting the integrity of the sport, Cole personally and the kennel should be instantly suspended and licenses revoked pending court case.

If this was any small time trainer we wouldn't even be having this conversation, they would have been outed 2 years ago and rightly so.

When the four corners story hit in OZ trainers were put out instantly no matter how big the name, Darren MacDonald, Reg Kay etc. I couldn't care less if the fields are decimated in the CD for a few weeks, the future of the sport is much more important.

GRNZ owe all the hardworking participants a full and honest explanation of how and why we are in the position we find ourselves today, right back to when Rendle entered the scene lining his own pockets at industry's expense. Until such time the current board and CEO have absolutely no credibility.

As your be well aware the Australian authorities took no prisoners, trainers gone within 24 hours dogs on those properties immediately stood down .

The problem here in New Zealand as against the authorities in Australia , the New Zealand authorities have about as much  credibility as what you’d fit on a pin head . 

I am now gravely concerned for the future of Greyhound Racing in New Zealand  .

To not even make a statement could be fatal .

Way out of there depth

9 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

As your be well aware the Australian authorities took no prisoners, trainers gone within 24 hours dogs on those properties immediately stood down .

The problem here in New Zealand as against the authorities in Australia , the New Zealand authorities have about as much  credibility as what you’d fit on a pin head . 

I am now gravely concerned for the future of Greyhound Racing in New Zealand  .

To not even make a statement could be fatal .

Way out of there depth

Now I wonder why... well not really it's pretty obvious

1. Rendle with his fingers in too many pies.

2. The dominance and reliance on the puppy farming model to supply dogs for an ever increasing number of race dates. Emboldened them to treat rules with contempt while they knew how heavily they were relied on to provide dogs. I think this is fundamental reason things were different in OZ, there are no trainers with that kind of numbers so rubbing them out had marginal consequences on fields. 

3.General apathy of GRNZ/RIU and pencil pushes in those roles. Previous CEO had plenty of warnings about where the sport was headed and feels to me like we have had a procession of people in association who have little desire get their hands dirty.

• Like 2

I’ve just driven into town and had the talkback radio on  , I think Marcus Lush well I’m shocked at the resentment towards the Greyhound people it is vicious.

Thanks Lisa , Brendon and Craig for what you going to put everyone through for what is nothing more than sheer greed and corruption.

• Like 2