Bit Of A Yarn

Thrilling Amigo

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

On a more positive note, what a stunning run from this dog today, becoming the first ever dog to break the 25 second barrier at Cambridge running a 24.96!

You can always tell the Walsh runners when you go to the track as they are always in immaculate condition and stand head and shoulders out from the rest of the dogs on the track.

14 hours ago, Mehe said:

Haaha really there are some very well presented dogs that are not walsh's dogs and look better dont get me wrong karen looks after the dogs but dont try and make it like know one else dose

Very few trainers condition dogs like K Walsh can in NZ. Her dogs are always presented in fabulous condition in both looks and fitness. Something most trainers dont seem to do here

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BitofaLegend said:

Very few trainers condition dogs like K Walsh can in NZ. Her dogs are always presented in fabulous condition in both looks and fitness. Something most trainers dont seem to do here

Lasering your dogs in the back of the car before kennelling can also help, saw her do that at wanganui

I couldn't believe the time when I saw the results (as I missed the race).. Watched the replay this morning, and wow. He was dead set flying alright. Karen has her dogs in tip top condition every time, I have to agree! Some of the most best presented athletes I've come across. Well done. What a great litter!

• Champ Post 1

14 minutes ago, Mehe said:

So are you guys saying only karen dose this 

I don't believe anyone is slighting other trainers or the condition of their dogs. Rather, they are praising her care, consistency, and overall presentation. Both dogs and staff presentation is immaculate. Many trainers present their dogs in pristine condition, but only one has produced a dog who has broken 25s. Also, the dog was bred and reared at her property and will be rehomed at the end of his career. This post is a great example of what greyhound racing should be all about. Love, care, and pride. There are a few participants that could well take lessons. There has been little to celebrate of late, again, well done to Karen and her team.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I couldn't believe the time when I saw the results (as I missed the race).. Watched the replay this morning, and wow. He was dead set flying alright. Karen has her dogs in tip top condition every time, I have to agree! Some of the most best presented athletes I've come across. Well done. What a great litter!

Have to agree100%...well done great conditioning , nice lady as well ?

On 10/05/2019 at 11:53 AM, Testy said:

If everyone had the same values as Walsh we wouldn't be swishing around the bowl about to have a swim in the dark

You know what you have said has made me think,it would be great to know her breeding and numbers that have made the track compared to coles , i have a computer analysis looking into it as i think it is important , i have asked him to go back 15 yrs with grnz stats and what records are available with there breeding compared to coles and other breeders.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

On 11/05/2019 at 7:14 PM, Aussie aussie aussie said:

You know what you have said has made me think,it would be great to know her breeding and numbers that have made the track compared to coles , i have a computer analysis looking into it as i think it is important , i have asked him to go back 15 yrs with grnz stats and what records are available with there breeding compared to coles and other breeders.

I'd love to see the results of the Harding Walsh breeding presented going back 15 years. I really am looking forward to seeing your analysis. A very valid point to bring up. 

5 hours ago, BitofaLegend said:

Anyone who had anything to do with the harding/walsh camp prior to 2010 would say otherwise. 

I'm really not sure what that comment means? 2010 was 8 plus years ago. I assume there was a change in the business model?

12 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

I'm really not sure what that comment means? 2010 was 8 plus years ago. I assume there was a change in the business model?

I would assume yes Cockyaleg.

Although I think everyone is referring to the Harding breeding plan, Karen is a trainer.

Im not sure what the date would be, maybe not as far back as 8 yrs but before then Harding had large numbers of dogs & staff with multiple trainers spread around the country.  There seems to have been a radical drop in the last 5 yrs or so with Karen now being the sole trainer, and from the sounds of it she now does the rearing/breaking in - prior to this change it was done either independently or by other Harding employees.

So I guess the “Harding/Walsh camp” is really only been in action post 2010 (again don’t quote me on dates) - Prior to that Walsh was just one of many trainers.

• Champ Post 1

38 minutes ago, Bettingman said:

I would assume yes Cockyaleg.

Although I think everyone is referring to the Harding breeding plan, Karen is a trainer.

Im not sure what the date would be, maybe not as far back as 8 yrs but before then Harding had large numbers of dogs & staff with multiple trainers spread around the country.  There seems to have been a radical drop in the last 5 yrs or so with Karen now being the sole trainer, and from the sounds of it she now does the rearing/breaking in - prior to this change it was done either independently or by other Harding employees.

So I guess the “Harding/Walsh camp” is really only been in action post 2010 (again don’t quote me on dates) - Prior to that Walsh was just one of many trainers.

Thank you Bettingman. I did know Karen has never bred a litter. Interesting. Do you know why the model was changed, ie was it not successful, industry changes, etc? I vaguely remember "Thrilling dogs" filling fields similar to the "Bigtime dogs" now and that would definitely have been prior to 2012. The partnership has monopolised the strike-rate stats over the past 6 years, no denying that.

Edited by Cockyaleg
grammar

She has been his #1 trainer for a very long time now.

Before 2008, harding did have many more dogs and bred huge amounts that dissapeared and never made it to the track.

Who could forget all those cyrus the virus litters... or who could remember them would be more the point? 

They have always been sttike rate trainers though. Used to change dogs around all the time to ensure one or the other had a great strike rate

Edited by BitofaLegend

None of the above comments are meant as attacks towards anyone either

Obviously times have changed now and they have been proactive in these changes which is good.

K walsh really is a great conditioner of her dogs and cares for them like they were her children and i would say is an industry leader in animal welfare now. Everyone should strive to be that

Edited by BitofaLegend

On 5/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, Mehe said:

So are you guys saying only karen dose this 

I don't think we are Mehe. Maybe you are reading it that way... She's the strike rate trainer most years for a reason, the dogs are in top condition, inside and out.. 

On 5/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, Mehe said:

so who would be the best breeder over those years

Not just the two you mention but all breeder's 

Tutu Numara would be a name that springs to mind for me. Plenty of top breeders throughout NZ, however, in recent years, I am very amazed at the operation that Bradshaw/Seque have formed. Wales, Amer, McInerny, Cole (despite current cicrumstances), Harding, Craik, Evans...The list goes on!