Bit Of A Yarn

TAB self service machines

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

I went into my local today to place a few bets, haven’t used a self service terminal for a long long time.....now I remember why.

They are like something out of the dark ages, takes forever just to place a few simple bets, you cannot take a final field each way bet, you have to place them as separate final field win and place bets (so not sure why they even have this as an option), and if you place your bet on a certain race there is no option to place another bet on the same race, you have to start again from scratch.

Its a slow and tedious process, I won’t be bothering again. 

4 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I went into my local today to place a few bets, haven’t used a self service terminal for a long long time.....now I remember why.

They are like something out of the dark ages, takes forever just to place a few simple bets, you cannot take a final field each way bet, you have to place them as separate final field win and place bets (so not sure why they even have this as an option), and if you place your bet on a certain race there is no option to place another bet on the same race, you have to start again from scratch.

Its a slow and tedious process, I won’t be bothering again. 

And try putting in a new $20 or $50 note!! Machines well past used by date!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

What also happens is that if you have a reasonable investment on the win or place, they slash the other div, whether it be win or place!!!!!!

I also don’t think the sync that well with the new website as they seem to play up a lot more since the new site was launched.