Bit Of A Yarn

Good News From Headquarters

Yankiwi

9 hours ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

You are full of it , just looked up the dogs you bought and owned , not one of them would have cost you $500 , what do you expect  , you have gone down massive in my estimation. ,cry baby

Poor research triple A....

Try again.

2 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

Hearing Greyhound Racing NZ CEO Mauro Barsi has been appointed as the new CEO at @AlexandraPark and the Auckland TC. He’s also the Greyhound rep on the (soon-to-be-disbanded ?) NZ Racing Board. Top appointment but walking in to a volatile situation.

Exactly what I had heard (on the quiet) the day the failed lawyer resigned....

Hope he works out better for the trots. He's been useless for several years for the greyhound code.

8 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Exactly what I had heard (on the quiet) the day the failed lawyer resigned....

Hope he works out better for the trots. He's been useless for several years for the greyhound code.

He won't work out for the Trots..He is like a limp dick that never will arise to R  erectify what the Trotting Code needs, Looking forward.?. "Barsi", Conned us right from the start, just like the failed, Lawyers,  Accountants, Queen St Farmers and Applicants with false C.V.s (Kennerly)  have for years.    HANNAN, While on the Subject,    you are part of the Plot and another failure.

GRNZ CEO Mauro Barsi resigns

Good afternoon,

I regret to advise that Mauro Barsi has resigned from his role as CEO of Greyhound Racing New Zealand, and will be leaving GRNZ in mid August 2019.  Mauro has accepted an exciting new opportunity, which will be announced shortly.

Over his time with GRNZ Mauro has led our industry through a period of change as we have implemented significant animal welfare improvements. Most recently he has been integral in ensuring that the Greyhound racing industry is well placed during the discussions relating to the outcomes of the Messara report and GRNZ remains well positioned to capitalise on this position.

Recruitment for a new CEO is commencing immediately, and we hope to progress this quickly.  We will advise our stakeholders as soon as any further news is available.

On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Mauro for his contribution to Greyhound racing as CEO, as the Greyhound racing industry’s representative on the Board of the New Zealand Racing Board and as a Board member for GRNZ. He has been a part of the industry for a number of years and we wish him well in his future endeavours.

Sean Hannan

Chair, Greyhound Racing New Zealand

GK

Posted on 24/05/2019 2:53:01 PM

Maybe , Sean Hannan you shouldn't "Progress a New appointment Quickly"   because  your decisions have been dismal  for our sport and this is a Fact!!!    How about  you and your Slack Arse Board just carry on Creaming your justification of the Payments you receive and let the Man who in his own words "Has had his Hands Tied "for a long time,  but has experience!!    "Greg Kerr"   act as Chief Executive ?   Greg while not every ones favourite has had to work under Cheats who we  all knew were sponging.. Give him a few months , let him employ and  nominate a Racing Manager and maybe a Welfare Person from the present ranks (If they are still at Head Office) or of his choice and see how things work out...  Let Go of the RENDLE Influence Hannan if you have any Balls at all Please for the sake of the Sports and our dogs Future..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enuff is enoug said:

Maybe , Sean Hannan you shouldn't "Progress a New appointment Quickly"   because  your decisions have been dismal  for our sport and this is a Fact!!!    How about  you and your Slack Arse Board just carry on Creaming your justification of the Payments you receive and let the Man who in his own words "Has had his Hands Tied "for a long time,  but has experience!!    "Greg Kerr"   act as Chief Executive ?   Greg while not every ones favourite has had to work under Cheats who we  all knew were sponging.. Give him a few months , let him employ and  nominate a Racing Manager and maybe a Welfare Person from the present ranks (If they are still at Head Office) or of his choice and see how things work out...  Let Go of the RENDLE Influence Hannan if you have any Balls at all Please for the sake of the Sports and our dogs Future..

To be honest, I don't know how Greg has hung on as long as he has.

Imagine going to work everyday with doing the right things in mind, only to be stonewalled each & every time by your superiors...

Finally he gained the position of head of racing & look at all of the things that have been going on since that appointment. Sure Cole has gone on much longer than anyone with morals would like to see, but surely he remains hand-tied in moving forward on that front.

How many other Head of Racings (previously Racing Manager) have taken the RIU on for their wayward decisions & inconsistencies?

Did Leach, Robenya (or what ever her name was) or Holden take on Godber/Whiterod for letting the code fall into disrepute? No, their worlds were one of who you were, not what you did.

I saw Greg's appointment as a potential turning point for the code. Thus far, he has not left me feeling let-down like all of his predecessors had.

Edited by Yankiwi

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, Arsenic said:

Yankiwi I think you need to apply for the CEO position 

The CEO is not a position which I would excel at. I'm far too much to the point & would be unable to tell the fibs of the Board with a poker face (Welfare is paramount & so on).

A better fit for me would be to run for a seat on the board. There straight talking & being a firm but fair person are qualities that would be very beneficial. I have made a brief inquiry, completely off the record, to have look at the possibilities. Those possibilities I quickly ruled out due to personal circumstances & compensation.