Bit Of A Yarn

Good News From Headquarters

Yankiwi

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=3164

GRNZ CEO Mauro Barsi resigns

Good afternoon,

I regret to advise that Mauro Barsi has resigned from his role as CEO of Greyhound Racing New Zealand, and will be leaving GRNZ in mid August 2019.  Mauro has accepted an exciting new opportunity, which will be announced shortly.

Over his time with GRNZ Mauro has led our industry through a period of change as we have implemented significant animal welfare improvements. Most recently he has been integral in ensuring that the Greyhound racing industry is well placed during the discussions relating to the outcomes of the Messara report and GRNZ remains well positioned to capitalise on this position.

Recruitment for a new CEO is commencing immediately, and we hope to progress this quickly.  We will advise our stakeholders as soon as any further news is available.

On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Mauro for his contribution to Greyhound racing as CEO, as the Greyhound racing industry’s representative on the Board of the New Zealand Racing Board and as a Board member for GRNZ. He has been a part of the industry for a number of years and we wish him well in his future endeavours.

Sean Hannan

Chair, Greyhound Racing New Zealand

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

39 minutes ago, Cockyaleg said:

Wouldn't get too excited. Possible he is going to be part of the Messara report restructure. But that would leave
Kerr as acting CEO, Racing Manager, and Welfare lady.

But has Kerr been done for fraud and spent some time in a cell

Edited by Mehe

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

Wouldn't get too excited. Possible he is going to be part of the Messara report restructure. But that would leave
Kerr as acting CEO, Racing Manager, and Welfare lady.

Is this a chance to Dilute the "Rendle" Influence" ? Sean Hannan the Head of the Board is a "Nonnie"  and has been intertwined  in the very suspect choices to date. What positive Outcome for the sport  has Sean been involved with, Honestly,  he is heading a dysfunctional Board that allows our sport to deteriate before our very eyes.. LIsa and Brendon Cole should have been closed down right from the beginning pending an outcome.. Sean you are out of your league and a "Career Seeker" , please do us  all a favour and find another  job that doesn't involve the lives and outcome of  our dogs..  Greg Kerr was a complete failure as a Welfare mangager from his beginnings, his performance as a Racing Manager is not flash..He has though "Always Stated" he has had his "Hands Tied" because of the chain of Command put in place from  at least  the time the Calculated Slimey Craig Rendle was in a position that should Never have  occured with the obvious "Serious Conflict of Interest" involved.   Maybe,  Kerr, with his insight and experience should be given a chance to take over from Barsi ? and go into bat for the decent Licensed Holders that are being treated with Sheer Contempt,  I doubt Hannan will be given the go a head for the this  though and we will enter another phase of calculated events that quite frankly is disgusting and in the Meantime just work out how much Rendle/Cole are taking away weekly from the Honest, Decent people and our dogs...

Lol, not sure anyone would work for poddles..

How long do we have to wait for leadership in this industry, every CEO I can remember has been telling us about the wonderful job they are doing and how things are all rosey when it has clearly been the opposite. Things get tough and suddenly they are gone. I couldn't care less who the next CEO is but surely we deserve someone who is credible and earns our respect by telling us how it really is, admitting where mistakes have been made giving us some realistic vision of the next decade that we can actually buy into. If it were me I'd dissolve the current Board and ask them all to reapply along with other candidates, completely restructure the powers of the clubs and phase out dog farming model for starters.

I can't see a reason why as an owner I should keep investing money in a sport that is run so poorly. 

Edited by bamboozla
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

7 minutes ago, bamboozla said:

Lol, not sure anyone would work for poddles..

How long do we have to wait for leadership in this industry, every CEO I can remember has been telling us about the wonderful job they are doing and how things are all rosey when it has clearly been the opposite. Things get tough and suddenly they are gone. I couldn't care less who the next CEO is but surely we deserve someone who is credible and earns our respect by telling us how it really is, admitting where mistakes have been made giving us some realistic vision of the next decade that we can actually buy into. If it were me I'd dissolve the current Board and ask them all to reapply along with other candidates, completely restructure the powers of the clubs and phase out dog farming model for starters.

I can't see a reason why as an owner I should keep investing money in a sport that is run so poorly. 

I agree 100%?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bamboozla said:

I can't see why any owner would invest money into a sport that might not even be on the map in a years time....

2 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I can't see why any owner would invest money into a sport that might not even be on the map in a years time....

That's the equation I face, if I breed a litter I'm expecting to lay out 20-25k depending on how many are born and what sire I use. Racing is a fickle game at the best of times, any possible return is 2-3 years away. If I doubt the sport will be around I'd be a mug to keep going. If you lose all your small owner/breeders the foundations of the sport disappear and your left with a few rotten pillars holding up not much.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 2

20 hours ago, bamboozla said:

That's the equation I face...

I faced a similar situation a few years back & went running for the hills.

During the year and a half I was an owner, it was all the injuries that made ownership non-viable for me.

• Dog #1 - Broken Hock
  • Dog #2 - Gracilis
  • Dog #3 - Gracilis x 2
  • Dog #4 - Broken Toe
  • Dog #5 - Gracilis
  • Dog #6 - No injuries but retired to GAP after 3 race day starts - No confidence & decided to pull the plug on ownership, have my GRNZ license cancelled & gain freedom of speech after relinquishing it.

At the end of my tenure, the purchase price + GAP fees minus stakes I had received realized a loss of over $10K from 90 race day starts.

Sprint Wins = 4

Middle Distance Wins = 1

Distance wins = 1

Had a 4th place finish in a group 1 race - $ 200 purse / $100 received (really?).

He was never going to make it,  was "Mario Barsi", a leech and failed lawyer taking an easy way to reach a comfortable position some where for Soley his own "Personal Gain"..  He sponged in  his original  position on the Board and was missing when Positive and hard decisions  were on the table.. The RENDLE Intrusion (Holden, Hannan ,Barsi, ) to name a few , the "Tip of the Iceburg"..... Come on !!! They promise you the earth, get your trust, You get sucked in and so here we are again.   Barsi,   Good decent people fell for your  sweet talk and after a lot of Hardship they now have to wait for the Chain of cancerous Deceit to come up with the next lot of shit offered them. Your expenses paid to you for Relocating and setting up was big dollars mate,  in actual fact,   more than what some owner/trainers earnt  but then they do love and look after their dogs as well!!  More than you do.   Good Riddence and thanks for Fuck all...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

During the year and a half I was an owner, it was all the injuries that made ownership non-viable for me.

• Dog #1 - Broken Hock
  • Dog #2 - Gracilis
  • Dog #3 - Gracilis x 2
  • Dog #4 - Broken Toe
  • Dog #5 - Gracilis
  • Dog #6 - No injuries but retired to GAP after 3 race day starts - No confidence & decided to pull the plug on ownership, have my GRNZ license cancelled & gain freedom of speech after relinquishing it.

At the end of my tenure, the purchase price + GAP fees minus stakes I had received realized a loss of over $10K from 90 race day starts.

Sprint Wins = 4

Middle Distance Wins = 1

Distance wins = 1

Had a 4th place finish in a group 1 race - $ 200 purse / $100 received (really?).

And you are still concerned :) for the "Well Being" of the over all sport"      A Credit to you!!,  Yankiwi..    Barsi could have  taken a few leaves from that book  but it is still to be published....and will never be....

14 minutes ago, cichlid said:

And you are still concerned :) for the "Well Being" of the over all sport"      A Credit to you!!,  Yankiwi..    Barsi could have  taken a few leaves from that book  but it is still to be published....and will never be....

Good point. What's he done for welfare. Can some one from wanganui tell me if he has installed adequate air conditioning or are the dogs especially  i n those end rows still suffering with heat

4 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

• Dog #1 - Broken Hock
  • Dog #2 - Gracilis
  • Dog #3 - Gracilis x 2
  • Dog #4 - Broken Toe
  • Dog #5 - Gracilis

Sprint Wins = 4

Middle Distance Wins = 1

Distance wins = 1

You are full of it , just looked up the dogs you bought and owned , not one of them would have cost you $500 , what do you expect  , you have gone down massive in my estimation. ,cry baby