Bit Of A Yarn

Friend?? Mmmmmm

Wow, anyone have a punt on this today? I really liked it, but thought being junior drivers race, I would leave well alone. 

Well, when it took off before turn, i was amazed driver elected to follow parked horse half way up straight, cute drive, but not if you backed it. Ouch to all those that did. 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Wow, anyone have a punt on this today? I really liked it, but thought being junior drivers race, I would leave well alone. 

Well, when it took off before turn, i was amazed driver elected to follow parked horse half way up straight, cute drive, but not if you backed it. Ouch to all those that did. 

As the great Maxwell smart used to say"missed by that much". 

Going forward momentum is sometimes an under rated thing in racing,and I think in hindsight he would have been better keeping that forward momentum going. Go davey did show a lot of fight to hold him out.

That aside,I like what I see of Ben Hope. He is always there to give his best and is well spoken . I think he is a good role model for other young drivers.  

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, the galah said:

As the great Maxwell smart used to say"missed by that much". 

Going forward momentum is sometimes an under rated thing in racing,and I think in hindsight he would have been better keeping that forward momentum going. Go davey did show a lot of fight to hold him out.

That aside,I like what I see of Ben Hope. He is always there to give his best and is well spoken . I think he is a good role model for other young drivers.  

Yeah, fair enough. I suppose he has to understand a horse is not like driving a car. As you say, when he pulled out, he had to wind the horse up around the turn, soto then tuck behind eventual winner, made no sense at all. Many a race has been won by drivers getting into the one one a lap or so out, but dont remember any other brain fades like this.