Bit Of A Yarn

Winstone Peters Sir!!

Clarkie

Winston,  Fair enough you having a go at the "Flagless" Sir John Key... What about the CONFLICTS OF INTEREST?   Why as the Minsister of Racing arn't you concerned with the Conflicts going on within all 3 Codes you are sworn to represent? Take a Look at Craig Rendle in the dog code for a start!!

2 hours ago, Clarkie said:

Winston,  Fair enough you having a go at the "Flagless" Sir John Key... What about the CONFLICTS OF INTEREST?   Why as the Minsister of Racing arn't you concerned with the Conflicts going on within all 3 Codes you are sworn to represent? Take a Look at Craig Rendle in the dog code for a start!!

Tell us more.... 

Edited by Dark Beau

On 24/06/2019 at 6:11 PM, Clarkie said:

Yep...can't wait!

Spill em da beans!

On 24/06/2019 at 6:11 PM, Clarkie said:

Well Peters has pulled the biggest stunt involving conflicts himself!  WHY would he put Peter Vela on this RITA outfit? Nothing against Mr Vela, however he is the owner of the biggest horse sale outfit in NZ..one of his employees has got himself on the Board of the Auckland Racing Club a Director nothing less, the Auckland Racing Club have basically told NZTR and the racing public to get stuffed, we aint racing over winter, we aint putting in a Strathayr...have you heard NZTR threatening the Auckland Racing Club to get in line or you won't be racing anymore? Well have you?  Someone tell me why Vela is on RITA and not someone who is not conflicted AND/OR is actually involved in the day to day business of racing in NZ and can make an independent contribution. Ellerslie is looking more and more like a showpiece for NZ Bloodstock..is that what NZ racing wants or needs? With Mr Vela involved as a member of RITA how much influence will he have in amending all of the outstanding issues in NZ racing at present?  The continuing cock-ups by a bunch of mainly old retired jockeys who can't get jobs anywhere else and end up on the so called Integrity unit..without any repercussions for their slack and useless decisions and bullshit track inspections and looking after their mates who are still race-riding....the dopey and inherently wrong decisions by their pals on the j.c.a.....who can forget the absolutely stupid decision in the Matamata breeders stakes protest a few years ago, when the trainer of the horse that caused the interference ( Rogie) told his owners to throw their winning tote tickets away and was then astounded when his horse kept the race...any repercussions or discipline for stevie wonder who made that call? No? Cost me heaps but thats another issue?

there's so much more but why should we try and help these idjits.....there needs to be a very big broom sweeping up the industries arse but I just can't see it happening. The 'messara' report had more holes in it than french cheese!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kopia said:

Well Peters has pulled the biggest stunt involving conflicts himself!  WHY would he put Peter Vela on this RITA outfit? Nothing against Mr Vela, however he is the owner of the biggest horse sale outfit in NZ..one of his employees has got himself on the Board of the Auckland Racing Club a Director nothing less, the Auckland Racing Club have basically told NZTR and the racing public to get stuffed, we aint racing over winter, we aint putting in a Strathayr...have you heard NZTR threatening the Auckland Racing Club to get in line or you won't be racing anymore? Well have you?  Someone tell me why Vela is on RITA and not someone who is not conflicted AND/OR is actually involved in the day to day business of racing in NZ and can make an independent contribution. Ellerslie is looking more and more like a showpiece for NZ Bloodstock..is that what NZ racing wants or needs? With Mr Vela involved as a member of RITA how much influence will he have in amending all of the outstanding issues in NZ racing at present?  The continuing cock-ups by a bunch of mainly old retired jockeys who can't get jobs anywhere else and end up on the so called Integrity unit..without any repercussions for their slack and useless decisions and bullshit track inspections and looking after their mates who are still race-riding....the dopey and inherently wrong decisions by their pals on the j.c.a.....who can forget the absolutely stupid decision in the Matamata breeders stakes protest a few years ago, when the trainer of the horse that caused the interference ( Rogie) told his owners to throw their winning tote tickets away and was then astounded when his horse kept the race...any repercussions or discipline for stevie wonder who made that call? No? Cost me heaps but thats another issue?

there's so much more but why should we try and help these idjits.....there needs to be a very big broom sweeping up the industries arse but I just can't see it happening. The 'messara' report had more holes in it than french cheese!

Have to agree with you here...while more funding coming via Winston's changes will be welcome,  what happens to that funding is open to conjecture when applied by the same failed business model....and the 'impartiality' of Sir P may be questionable.

I hope I'm wrong.....but there isn't a mandate as far as I know for W.P to intervene with code issues.  In fact,  I'm sure I read a comment from him somewhere stating that ' now I've got the funding sorted, the plan is to step back and let the codes manage themselves.'....that really concerns me given the idiotic decisions that dog the industry.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

So did Peter Vela  put  pressure on NZTR to the fund $500k for The Magic Millions or was it other members of The Auckland Racing club who are on the NZTR Board? 

Or is it a requirement for those NZTR  Board Members to declare a conflict in interest and stand down from discussion and voting on matters relating to the Magic Millions funding?