Bit Of A Yarn

Glenda Hughes gets the last laugh..on the industry

From 'rumours' circulating, it seems that Hughes, clearly aware of her demise as Racing Board  Chair, stitched Allen into an employment type deal that he couldn't be extricated out of. Without costing as much as Folau as going to get out of the dumb aussie rugby union....!  Couldn't be made 'redundant' or 'relegated after an enquiry'. 

Hence the main author of the $40 million odd disaster is now the CEO of RITA, the peters appointed panel which was going to be the saviour to all things terrible about the actions of Allens former 'employer'.   How ironic is that? If it wasn't so feckin' ridiculous it might even be funny. Thanks glenda, thanks winstone. You two should hook up-you deserve each other.

It's called 'Political reality' kopa...

...more than likely getting rid of the Piano player would have meant a massive payout...

Winns simply saved the Industry money...and McKenzie will have strings being attached to Johnneys mouth as we speak...

enjoy

Edited by Thomass

1 hour ago, Freda said:

I'm sure they all know more than I do about such matters....but,  if a position is 'disestablished'  surely the old contract no longer applies?

This is the nz racing industry not a ' normal' situation Freda....you know the one, where CEO's demand flights to Wellington from auckland every week, get put up in flash apartments, food, booze etc supplied, screwed the staff etc etc, and then the CEO who sneakily got his contract amount signed in Euro's, then the guy put on gardening leave on full pay for years as he was so bloody useless, the same outfit who had a Chief steward of riu who was screwing a staff member in another town-flying there on 'us'..shall I go on??

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Freda said:

Yeah,  yeah...all the above...but we are supposed to be in raptures because Rita is 'different' ....?   and what, exactly,  does Glenda gain by 'stitching J.A into a deal from which he can't be extracted..'  ?

" Revenge is a dish best served cold"...

Hughes appointed as RIB chair by National

Peters hates National ( to the extent of going into a coalition with madhouse greens)

Peters blames all of racings problems on RIB ( the 'dead horse' )..even though a great majority of racings problems are systemic and fall on the shoulders of the industry itself

Peters signals that the RIB/ hughes are 'dead in the water'

Hughes does not want to leave her 'baby'...so whats the best way to really really piss Peters off??

Got it?

1 hour ago, Freda said:

I guess...but after all the RITA dust settles, my concern is STILL that we are saddled with NZTR to administer the extra dosh.

We will still be in shit street without a radical change at that level.

Perhaps tommo can clarify that when he next talks to peters?  Although the way the economy is tanking under the influence of the coalition of losers racing may not be the hottest topic at the moment..

2 hours ago, Kopia said:

Perhaps tommo can clarify that when he next talks to peters?  Although the way the economy is tanking under the influence of the coalition of losers racing may not be the hottest topic at the moment..

More GREAT news Kopa!!

Winn has got this..he's gone to the Well..and pulled out a luminary in Deano...who's not wet behind the airs...and the whole lot of Rita's have gravitas...ok?

As for the World Economy...all indicators are pointing to recessional type conditions...even with the magic of Jacinda wee old NZ can only do her best in times of trouble..

...and that involves INFRUSTRUCTURE type investments to stimulate the country...including you

In the meantime I feel you need a good dose of emotional self management...instead of going off half cocked like your fellow lunatic Gun Holding licensees...

...enjoy...I usually sit back with a Stogie and a glass of Poiten...best

3 hours ago, Kopia said:

So tommo, you've got nothing then.

Yep...Ive got a pin up of 2 shysters....

...hang it on the dunny wall and throw darts...or whatever you do in a dunny  kopa...

...they deserve as much slung at them as possible

enjoy

IMG_0795.JPG

On 5/07/2019 at 2:14 PM, Thomass said:

Yep...Ive got a pin up of 2 shysters....

...hang it on the dunny wall and throw darts...or whatever you do in a dunny  kopa...

...they deserve as much slung at them as possible

enjoy

IMG_0795.JPG

Tommo I've noticed that when you have no chance of defending the indefensible..i.e. the pathetic group of losers we temporarily have as a 'government' you revert to childish tactics, i.e.   ' wasn't me it was him'...

how about some effort put into current matters. i.e. the situation with the so-called saviours of the racing industry ( RITA) as set up by your favourite old age beneficiary peters which looks more and more like another dead-duck..not to mention the on going cock ups with housing, finance, immigration etc etc...' oh but look at my baby' aint going to cut it much longer, even with the dewy eyed shallow thinkers who have been sucked in by media bullshit.

p.s..Just to confirm what a lot of people belive, John Key was one of the best PM's we have ever had.

• Confused 1

He did well in the first 3 years adopting a pratical approach to the GFC. Someone like Ruth Richardson would have sent the economy spiralling with her slash and burn tactics.  However, Key did what a lot of you Tories blame Labour for and that was borrowing lots of coin.

In his second term he became the village clown going on chat shows talking crap and pulling girls' hair. Then he lost what was going to be his legacy, the Flag debacle and was a poor loser, so resigned. 

Now he has been shown to be a fool over the David Hisco affair by not providing full disclosure of what Hisco was up to.  Funny that two of his useless cronies in the photo are Nathan Clown and Hekia

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

I thought this was a racing site until tommo posted photo's of Sir John and his dimwit mate...

however, just have to say that when JK retired from politics he left NZ financially in the best position it has ever been in. Its taken just about 18 months for ardern and her band of fools to squander just about all of the surplus, she started just after peters propped up his coalition mates ( labour AND greens) when ardern single handedly destroyed the future for New Plymouth's oil and gas so she could score some cheap points in the un. And where's that got the country? Don't forget the Nats got more votes than labour in the last election.

• Haha 1

however, just have to say that when JK retired from politics he left NZ financially in the best position it has ever been in.

That statement is completely wrong.

Key's government borrowed $120 Billion over their tenure over and above the Clarke-Cullen's reign

• Champ Post 1

On 7/07/2019 at 10:33 AM, Kopia said:

Tommo I've noticed that when you have no chance of defending the indefensible..i.e. the pathetic group of losers we temporarily have as a 'government' you revert to childish tactics, i.e.   ' wasn't me it was him'...

how about some effort put into current matters. i.e. the situation with the so-called saviours of the racing industry ( RITA) as set up by your favourite old age beneficiary peters which looks more and more like another dead-duck..not to mention the on going cock ups with housing, finance, immigration etc etc...' oh but look at my baby' aint going to cut it much longer, even with the dewy eyed shallow thinkers who have been sucked in by media bullshit.

p.s..Just to confirm what a lot of people belive, John Key was one of the best PM's we have ever had.

Oh ffs kopa...change the flippin' record....

...all of this anti Winn narrative has sent you Doo lah lah...

....go for a walk...hand in hand with your lover...it may be your hand ...

...frolic amongst some Albatross in the hills...or something...any change up is good

Just rejoice for a change..in the knowledge Winn and Deano have got this...ok?

best

On 8/07/2019 at 10:05 AM, Hedley said:

however, just have to say that when JK retired from politics he left NZ financially in the best position it has ever been in.

That statement is completely wrong.

Key's government borrowed $120 Billion over their tenure over and above the Clarke-Cullen's reign

In fact when Cullen left office as Minister Of Finance the country had stuff all debt and $20Billion in the Cullen fund. English sold assets so as to return  a budget suplus which of course is like selling the crown jewels to pay for the groceries.

57 minutes ago, Bloke said:

In fact when Cullen left office as Minister Of Finance the country had stuff all debt and $20Billion in the Cullen fund. English sold assets so as to return  a budget suplus which of course is like selling the crown jewels to pay for the groceries.

It’s an unfair comparison as the circumstances were completely different.