Bit Of A Yarn

Chelsea Burdon

Ashley

Guest CrossCodes

Happens all the time on the site.

Claims are often never put up, same thing happened with No Loitering a few weeks back, TAB site showed no claim for Erin Leighton even though she did claim, came out and won easily ( and again today), yet today it does show her claim??

6/8 yesterday ATA....

That Taiki is riding SO well that it's actually totes unfair he's allowed to claim he can't speak English too well let alone 2kgs...

...As for Kavish...it' should be a crime he's allowed 2 kgs as well..

...it's like 4kgs on an H11...try telling the ignorami that and they explode into apoplectacy....

meanwhile apprentices ride 6 of the 8 winners at TERapa.    They are all complete fools if they thoink that over there on that other site mind you the Poisoned Dwarf who rules over them is the stupdiest of them all so no wonder.

40 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

No, the other site run by two who got the pip here and threw their toys out of the cot...….again.  ?

Can't say I've seen any poster on that site claim that weight makes no difference ATA and I'd be very surprised if any of them thought that. Same for posters on the site that Ashley referred to. Can one of you point me to where someone claimed that?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, curious said:

Can't say I've seen any poster on that site claim that weight makes no difference ATA and I'd be very surprised if any of them thought that. Same for posters on the site that Ashley referred to. Can one of you point me to where someone claimed that?

I think you'll find this covers it...

"yes and thinks an apprentice allowance helped the winner of the Taumarunui Cup"

...so obviously didn't 'help' the winner at all...

Your understanding of the Englaise is very poor at most times curio...

...on a par with your bff alma mater in fact

Edited by Thomass

18 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I think you'll find this covers it...

"yes and thinks an apprentice allowance helped the winner of the Taumarunui Cup"

I don't read that as saying that weight makes no difference. If you do, then I'd suggest it is you that has the problem with the English, no?

The issue of the impact of apprentice allowances is another matter but all the evidence I have seen suggests that the weight advantage does not make up for the rider inexperience on average. I think that is well established. Here's an example:

Allowance 0lbs 3lbs   5lbs   7lbs    
  11.0L 12.2L   11.7L   12.3L    

Overall apprentices are a bad thing. In standard races the only allowances claimed are 3, 5 and 7lbs. Each of these riders lose a 1.2, 0.7, 1.3 lengths more respectively than a professional.

https://www.flatstats.co.uk/blog/effect-of-weight-in-horse-racing.html

You've yet to produce any evidence to the contrary that I've seen.

14 minutes ago, curious said:

I don't read that as saying that weight makes no difference. If you do, then I'd suggest it is you that has the problem with the English, no?

The issue of the impact of apprentice allowances is another matter but all the evidence I have seen suggests that the weight advantage does not make up for the rider inexperience on average. I think that is well established. Here's an example:

Allowance 0lbs 3lbs   5lbs   7lbs    
  11.0L 12.2L   11.7L   12.3L    

Overall apprentices are a bad thing. In standard races the only allowances claimed are 3, 5 and 7lbs. Each of these riders lose a 1.2, 0.7, 1.3 lengths more respectively than a professional.

https://www.flatstats.co.uk/blog/effect-of-weight-in-horse-racing.html

You've yet to produce any evidence to the contrary that I've seen.

Oh my...

Of course it suggests there was NO HELP at all...helped to zero degree

As for the rubbish Brit research...

I thought we raced in NZ...correct me if I'm wrong....

...besides most Punters with any idea...pick and choose just how worthy of the allowance each App rides to...

...especially in H 11 bogs

• Like 1