Bit Of A Yarn

D I C ?

Fred

The start was delayed due to the two D Crozier stable runners being incorrectly saddled. D Crozier was charged with a breach of Rule 614(2) in that he had been neglectful in saddling these two runners. D Crozier was further charged with a breach of Rule 656(5)(b) after producing a breath alcohol result in excess of the allowed level.  Both charges were adjourned to be heard at Riccarton Racecourse prior to Race 1 on Saturday 10 August. 

So do Trainers get drug tested as well Freda?

Drunk in charge of a neddy could have safety questions...but a Stoner would be a whole lot calmer around a flighty Filly and could in fact settle her?

Good horsemanship right there...

What about a Trainer showing up with headphones like the AB's do...

...with dance party music going...like some Harness Trainers do in CHCH...who are also into supply and demand as a 2nd job...

Should they immediately be under suspicion for MDMA imbibing...

...or is that Profiling and against the Geneva Convention?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thomass said:

So do Trainers get drug tested as well Freda?

Drunk in charge of a neddy could have safety questions...but a Stoner would be a whole lot calmer around a flighty Filly and could in fact settle her?

Good horsemanship right there...

What about a Trainer showing up with headphones like the AB's do...

...with dance party music going...like some Harness Trainers do in CHCH...who are also into supply and demand as a 2nd job...

Should they immediately be under suspicion for MDMA imbibing...

...or is that Profiling and against the Geneva Convention?

You could be on to something here Thomo.What about headphones/blue tooth on the horse attendants?Surely they have "court siders" written  all over them!:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Thomass said:

Is the standard the same as Jockeys pissed in charge Freddy/Freda/Fred?

You could say....Jockey in charge 2 stubbies...fine...

Trainer 5 Stubbies and a chaser...should be fine to lead around a neddy on a short lead without tripping...surely?

You serious? Anyone in charge of a horse should no way be under the influence, we all know the harm an out of control horse can do?

Any half way professional trainer shouldn’t be pissed and in charge of a horse, doesn’t do much for the credibility of Sth Island trainers if this is the norm? 

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Trainer 5 Stubbies and a chaser...should be fine to lead around a neddy on a short lead without tripping...surely?

Yeahh agree. Done that plenty of times and didn't fall over (till later) and managed to get the saddle on the right horse (I think). Some of them maybe need more practice.

• Haha 3

Yeah I remember when I was about 12 or 14 leading a horse that had just won its race around to cool down after washing it.  While Dad and the Trainer were in the bar having quite a few and counting a fair wad of $20 bills.  They forgot about me and I think the horse and I walked about 10km in a circle!

On another occasion much much later in life I was left to mind our horse who was being swabbed after running a place in a Grp race.  I was tanked up on Heineken and would have failed a test.  Mind you the horse was too tired to cause any havoc!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

You serious? Anyone in charge of a horse should no way be under the influence, we all know the harm an out of control horse can do?

Any half way professional trainer shouldn’t be pissed and in charge of a horse, doesn’t do much for the credibility of Sth Island trainers if this is the norm? 

Deadly...

Many moons ago...When I was head leader at the old Trentham sales......

..the usual root would be a general loop around the sales complex avoiding any loose az yearlings...especially from those hopeless horsemen at Cambridge Stud...who failed to hold on..even after an entire boring night...asleep

alors...we'd usually had 3 Depth Charges ( a jug of beer with a whiskey shooter in the base of said jug) before we arrived...with 2 hours sleep...

Our neddys were so well trained that one day after stopping for a barf against the Cambridge Stud entertainment tent...the alternate root...My Filly felt so sorry for the food poisoning I was experiencing...

...that she stuck her near fore over my near shoulder as a nod to the compassion she was feeling while moi was barfing

...now that's what you call an in control horse in what could have been an out of control situation...