NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

TAB Elite Punters?

I reckon the rebates are only necessary to make the NZ TAB market competitive.  That's because their takeout rates without discount are uncompetitive.

They would be better to drop the rebates and make their takeouts more competitive.

Do they offer rebates on FOB betting?

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

I'd love to see some expansion on why anyone believes that rebates would be likely to increase the net revenue numbers of NZ TAB.

Do you think matched deposits, boosted odds, free bets etc fall into the same basket mardigras? Don't all organisations use this tactic to lure punters? Are you saying none of them know what they are doing?

Edited by Shivaree

7 minutes ago, Shivaree said:

Do you think matched deposits, boosted odds, free bets etc fall into the same basket mardigras? Don't all organisations use this tactic to lure punters? Are you saying none of them know what they are doing?

Shiv, 

Matched deposits, free bets, promos of course work, that’s what enticed me to bet mainly with aus bookies. 

But TAB pay rebates on punters that lose for a certain period, they give back 5%. 

So an elite punter loses $1000.00 in a month, they give him back $50? 

To pay on punters losing, is crazy. By the way, I have emailed tab before, they wanted my tab Acc details, but as I don’t bet much with them anymore, they would not give me any more details. 

So what’s your views Shiv, rather than just direct people to an email address, 

13 minutes ago, Shivaree said:

What if they said at the end of the month here's a $50 free bet instead, would that be crazy? It's the same thing at the end of the day.

Must be a little early in the morning mate. If you bet $10k  with tab, and broke even, you would get nothing.

If you bet with crownbet for instance, bet same $10k and broke even you would at least get $50 bonus bet, maybe more due to their great promo deals. 

Big difference getting bonuses for turnover compared to bonuses for losing.

Poor Newmarket debating a topic when he freely admits he doesn't know what the TAB offers as they supposedly wouldn't tell him. May I suggest before spouting off you get the information about what both parties offer before making a fair comparison. 

Some of the large Aussie bookmakers pay a rebate on turnover which creates havoc when the likes of Black Caviar or Winx are racing. Some punters were getting a 10% rebate on turnover so could effectively back Black Caviar to run a place at the effective odds of $1.10 which was obviously ludicrous but, nonetheless, was happening. This saw the place odds for the second and third horses crunch artificially lower to cover the rebates the large punters were getting. 

• Like 1

So called Elite customers need to turnover a certain amount each month.

However despite turning over substantial amounts in previous years, never once received any sort of rebate thru betting fixed odds!

You need to be a losing punter to get anything from the NZ TAB!

They love the losing punters, be a winning punter and they will try to shut you down!

Guest CrossCodes

The rebate is calculated on your TURNOVER, you have to bet at least $10,000 a month on the tote or you receive no rebate.

Fixed Odds and Final Field bets are also not included in the turnover amount.

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So called Elite customers need to turnover a certain amount each month.

However despite turning over substantial amounts in previous years, never once received any sort of rebate thru betting fixed odds!

You need to be a losing punter to get anything from the NZ TAB!

They love the losing punters, be a winning punter and they will try to shut you down!

Brodie you are wrong. I know you can never admit that but you can be a winning punter and receive rebates from the TAB.

1 hour ago, Shivaree said:

Poor Newmarket debating a topic when he freely admits he doesn't know what the TAB offers as they supposedly wouldn't tell him. May I suggest before spouting off you get the information about what both parties offer before making a fair comparison. 

I see you have recently joined, which is good to see. 

If I am wrong, tell me what you know regarding rebates at the TAB. 

29 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

The rebate is calculated on your TURNOVER, you have to bet at least $10,000 a month on the tote or you receive no rebate.

Fixed Odds and Final Field bets are also not included in the turnover amount.

Thanks cross code. 

So it is on turnover, not losing amount? 

Rebate amount is 5%?

Guest CrossCodes

Definitely on turnover. I used to get regular rebates, never amounted to much as I do a lot of fixed odds and sports bets and they don't count as turnover.

The rebate amount varies on what type of bet you spend the turnover on, win, place, quinella, trifectas...etc....all have different rebate amounts added to them.

Also of note the American, English, Singapore and Hong Kong races also are not included in the turnover amount.

So you really have to be spending a hell of a lot of money to get a decent rebate.

Guest CrossCodes

Actually just double checked and Hong Kong turnover is included in the turnover, if you are getting a 5% rebate you would have to be turning over 250,000 a month, and only on NZ racing.

So it might sound like a lot of people are getting big rebates every month, but the reality is the really really big punters might be, but most wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Shivaree said:

Brodie you are wrong. I know you can never admit that but you can be a winning punter and receive rebates from the TAB.

Shivaree, more than happy to be wrong then,

So please explain why I never once received any rebates whatsoever into my account investing on fixed odds?

Are you saying that fixed odds bettors that turn over huge turnover should all get rebates then?

If you are I will be expecting mine to be backdated!    

Edited by Brodie