Bit Of A Yarn

cambridge tonight

Another nights racing at Cambridge concludes and once again the normal questionable tactics from the same drivers.  In the last zac butcher seemed intent on softening up the leader allonblack  for the stablemate who was sitting in the trail.

Compare that to his drive in the previous race on grey stoke where he made no attempt whatsoever to pull out with 300m to go despite going easily.  

Maybe I give him too much credit for his ability, but just watch both races and you will see what I mean.  . Same old same old,in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

8 hours ago, the galah said:

Another nights racing at Cambridge concludes and once again the normal questionable tactics from the same drivers.  In the last zac butcher seemed intent on softening up the leader allonblack  for the stablemate who was sitting in the trail.

Compare that to his drive in the previous race on grey stoke where he made no attempt whatsoever to pull out with 300m to go despite going easily.  

Maybe I give him too much credit for his ability, but just watch both races and you will see what I mean.  . Same old same old,in my opinion.

Yes, I tend to leave Cambridge alone betting wise... looking at those replays, you are spot on.

• Like 2

Sunny Petite.   For the 2nd week in a row this horse never tried an inch.  If you want to watch dishonest racing just look at Cambridge.   When i watch the likes of z buthcer, j stormont and d balle drive at Cambridge I think of the term thieves on wheels. 

I would encourage all punters to give up betting at places like this. I know thats what I will be doing.  The only honest race up there is the amateurs.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 2

17 hours ago, the galah said:

Sunny Petite.   For the 2nd week in a row this horse never tried an inch.  If you want to watch dishonest racing just look at Cambridge.   When i watch the likes of z buthcer, j stormont and d balle drive at Cambridge I think of the term thieves on wheels. 

I would encourage all punters to give up betting at places like this. I know thats what I will be doing.  The only honest race up there is the amateurs.

you dont think these trainers mess around with the condition of there horses!i backed megan and well done to her on her first winner first drive

I see David Butt was fined $600 and suspended for 2 months for in effect not trying to win.

That will probably upset the applecart because Butt is deservedly well respected. But the message is simple,,your expected to try.

Its good to see the Canterbury stipes doing their bit to ensure integrity is maintained.

Edited by the galah

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/09/2019 at 11:07 PM, the galah said:

I see David Butt was fined $600 and suspended for 2 months for in effect not trying to win.

That will probably upset the applecart because Butt is deservedly well respected. But the message is simple,,your expected to try.

Its good to see the Canterbury stipes doing their bit to ensure integrity is maintained.

New driver  Bob Butt got the chocolates today with a nice drive. Lets hope those who were on at addington stuck with the ship.

• Champ Post 1