Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Harness Quads??

Newmarket

29 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well, i took a quad tonight at Auck Harness. First leg paid $10, 2nd leg $10, 3rd leg $6 and last leg $2.40. 

PAID $600 odd bucks!!!??? FFS, that is piss poor, $10k in pool, but these nz quads always seem to pay unders. No more for me

Melton tomorrow has a 60 000 bonus quaddie I believe while Methven has 10 000. Can't work that out.

600 is pretty weak. The Banks Pen ones the other week were pretty good, especially the last one which was a 40 000 bonus. They are the ones to get into.

• Like 3

Dead right Happy.

The "dead money" bonuses are worth getting amongst but totally get your point Newmarket. Actually would have been better having an all up on those figures you quoted, to achieve a better return, but you certainly would have been expecting more coin than $600 for those divvis quoted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Rusty, 

Not only the retarded cousin in New Zealand but also in Australia it seems. I think NZ harness sits in a restricted area of the playground with no mates.

Why is that though? 

Any thoughts?

Can't just be because harness racing generates less coin through the TAB than the gallops. Surely there are other factors at play here? 

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Why is that though? 

I think the TAB get burnt from harness punters in NZ so are wary. Doesn't explain the lack of quaddie bonuses etc though.

Why would Melton have a 60 000 bonus quaddie to it? Do that many people bet on Aussie harness on a Saturday night? The wall to wall coverage makes me giddy if I ever turn it on.

• Champ Post 1