Bit Of A Yarn

TAB Spring Loaded Promo

Rusty

Looks like the popular Money Back Madness promo has been put to bed and a new promotion created with "Spring Loaded" - bonus bets back if your chosen runner doesn't win, nor run last. 

Nowhere near as good as the Money Back Madness promo, I actually quite liked it, but my question is why does harness racing get continuously treated as the retarded cousin?

Sweet FA harness meetings covered. May have been one, at Motukarararararara (but I actually can't be forked to look up and see which code it is for). 

• Like 2

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

It is the Mot. Only one harness meeting.

Seems ridiculously easy to get your money back. Just make sure your horse won't break over that frikking crossing and you are safe.

Thanks Happy.

You don't get your money back, just bonus bets back and only on selected races. But you're right, does seem ridiculously easy to get some kind of return back. Good on them for running another promo, I guess my main point is why does the harness code get a bum deal on it, with only one race offered out of the whole promo period? 

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I need to read it more closely. Your bonus bets can be used on any race though, right?

Haven't read it all through yet, but I think so.

Usually the bonus bets can be used on any race/sports event, so long as they are only used on the Final Field options, not the tote. Then of course they take the original stake of the bonus bet out, from any winning dividend. 

And there's also an expiry period too, so use or lose it. The bonus bet I am talking about! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Looks like the popular Money Back Madness promo has been put to bed and a new promotion created with "Spring Loaded" - bonus bets back if your chosen runner doesn't win, nor run last. 

Nowhere near as good as the Money Back Madness promo, I actually quite liked it, but my question is why does harness racing get continuously treated as the retarded cousin?

Sweet FA harness meetings covered. May have been one, at Motukarararararara (but I actually can't be forked to look up and see which code it is for). 

Yeah it's a bit of a con, $50 bonus bet, if you put it on a 2-1 shot you only get $50 return once they take their $50 bonus back....... 

5 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yeah it's a bit of a con, $50 bonus bet, if you put it on a 2-1 shot you only get $50 return once they take their $50 bonus back....... 

If you put it on a 2/1 shot you would get $100 back. 2/1 is $3 odds. This promo is hardly a con, great to see them doing more and more stuff like this. The one thing to be aware of is that this bonus bet has to be used within a day, unlike the normal 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

If you put it on a 2/1 shot you would get $100 back. 2/1 is $3 odds. This promo is hardly a con, great to see them doing more and more stuff like this. The one thing to be aware of is that this bonus bet has to be used within a day, unlike the normal 2 weeks.

$2 on on the tote I meant or evens with the bookies....it's a con in the way they are making out you are getting $50 when you're not really