Bit Of A Yarn

Stallion: WROTE

FACTS

• Purchased by Highview and partners following his hugely popular first season standing in New Zealand
  • The impressive winner of the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (1m)
  • Group One placed 3YO in the G2 U.A.E. Derby at Meydan (1900m)
  • Stakes placed in the G2 Newmarket Royal Lodge Stakes (1m) and G2 Leopardstown Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial (1¼m)
  • From the famous stallion family of Sadler’s Wells and Nureyev and Fairy King
  • Carries a double up of the blue hen mare Special
  • A son of High Chaparral who crossed famously well with Kiwi mares producing horses the ilk of So You Think, It's A Dundeel, Shoot Out, Descarado and Monaco Consul
  • High Chaparral is also the sire recent Group One winners Ace High (Victoria Derby & Spring Champion Stakes), Rekindling (Melbourne Cup) and Hiyaam (Vinery Stud Stakes)
  • The second G1 Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf winner to stand at Stud in New Zealand, the first since the influential stallion Success Express.  He sired 32 stakes winners including Group One winners Polar Success, Coogee Walk, It’s My Sin, Quick Star and Explosive Burst

• 2 months later...

Green Desert mares are to the fore here, what is not to like and HC is not too shabby.. again.. if you have the right mare.. why so many are stuck on the stallion is beyond me.. if you don't have the right mare.. don't go there.. but he would appeal to many Sthn Hem given Kris, Sir Ivor, Natalma and Shirley Heights in his lines  If you want a good spring into summer horse, and have the right mare, I think he's good value.

• Like 1