Bit Of A Yarn

NEW ERA ??

nomates

Well well , i have bought a dominion the last 2 weeks and they have been as underwhelming as ever , so i was in 2 minds whether to bother this morning but threw caution to the wind and low and behold ! an 8 page pullout with 2 pages of editorial , with both Caufield and Randwick covered as well as extra meetings . So do i get my hopes up that this is the start of an ongoing new era for NZ racing or do i continue to keep my expectations low so as not to get too damaged when the status quo returns . Congrats anyway for todays edition , a template for the future . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nomates said:

Well well , i have bought a dominion the last 2 weeks and they have been as underwhelming as ever , so i was in 2 minds whether to bother this morning but threw caution to the wind and low and behold ! an 8 page pullout with 2 pages of editorial , with both Caufield and Randwick covered as well as extra meetings . So do i get my hopes up that this is the start of an ongoing new era for NZ racing or do i continue to keep my expectations low so as not to get too damaged when the status quo returns . Congrats anyway for todays edition , a template for the future . 

prob only for the Spring Racing Carnival Saturdays and NZ Cup Week, so mebbe 4 or 5 weeks worth?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 11:46 AM, Mark D said:

Maybe not.  Have Trackside on and the Graphic just read M$ R10 Bevan Sweeney Selcts - no attention to detail which has been dogging Tside for years - as well as Bev

don't set your expectations too high , not that you'll be disappointed just we all know they have no show of meeting them .

3 hours ago, Mark D said:

And from the "i knew it couldn't last file" today's Dom has two pages - both have the same fields. 

Your asking a lot for them to get more than one day a week right , i only get friday's Dom and that will only last till i think their dropping the ball AGAIN .

One thing I have noticed "lately" is that on the website the next 5 races to go "tab" now includes the No TV races.  Of course years ago it used to but then the bright sparks at the TAB changed it.  I recall when I complained to the TAB that this meant that punters were unaware of these races coming up they replied that they did that because the customers preferred it and pointed out (totally impractical )ways I could get round  it - like printing out the schedule at the start of the day.  Glad to see they've finally seen sense - presuming that it was deliberately.