Bit Of A Yarn

Give us a break, Frankie!

Weasel

Dettori to stewards:

He said: "Master of Reality was looking for company and went left but I had both hands on my reins and corrected him. Perhaps I could have corrected him a stride earlier, but it was very minimal interference."

Stewards to Dettori: Have a nine meeting holiday, young man!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Interesting though that he was backed up by rider of the promoted horse who said it would have made no  difference to him finishing any closer than 4 th.   Must be unusual to have a jockey who stands to be promoted almost saying don't promote me.   

he's not saying "don't promote me". He's just saying MoR didn't stop me from getting ahead of him. MoR's problem (well, Dettori's, really) was that MoR could/should have been straightened before they bumped near the post, and wasn't. He came in 5 horse widths / 'lanes', in the hands of the world's premier jockey (bar none). Stewards were right to relegate them.

Edited by Weasel

Well not in actual words, but in saying he would probably still have finished 4 th without interference,  he didn't seem to be trying to present a very positive case.  All in all, plus saying he was sorry for Frankie that should   happen  over something so minimal, he almost was heading that way. I wonder what the owners of the promoted horse were thinking when he claimed result could well have been the same.  He sure doesn't seem to have been fighting tooth and nail for promotion.

Edited by Ronaldo

19 hours ago, Newmarket said:

For a world class jockey, Frankie has been very average in aussie. Gave the horse perfect run, but why did he not change whip when running in? Tell you what, if any top aus jock was on it, would have won the race, No worries. 

absolutely agree. And not just 'world-class' but arguably world's best (19 Group wins this season???).
Didn't Frankie stuff up on Max Dynamite in the Cup a few years ago as well?

Edited by Weasel

23 hours ago, Newmarket said:

For a world class jockey, Frankie has been very average in aussie. Gave the horse perfect run, but why did he not change whip when running in? Tell you what, if any top aus jock was on it, would have won the race, No worries. 

If you'd have watched closely Dettori changed hands at the 350M mark with 4/5 strikes then back to the right hand.  The head on can be easily viewed on you tube.