Bit Of A Yarn

NZRB (RITA) Annual Report Highlights!

Chief Stipe

In four years Equity has dropped from $70m to $25m.  Probably to fund stakes which despite a drop of $9m in profit have been maintained at the previous years level.

Again ANOTHER increase in Operating expenses - now 41% of total income!!!!

NET LOSS after distributions has gone from -$16m to -$28m in one year!  With only $25m left in equity that suggests unless there is a radical shift upwards in revenue then they will need to put out the begging bowl.  From all accounts this years revenue is down not up!

• Haha 1

ONE great KPI I'm sure that was meet!!!!!!! I bet!

"We support betting on more than 90,000 domestic and imported thoroughbred, harness and greyhound races each season,"

What % of the increases in Operating % would be tied into this?

lol! how many of these races would make a profit?

What it means for me personally (and I brought the subject in a public meeting with JA!! forcefully around "educating the newbees..") is that as the total number of races goes up! my betting has tracked down! 

Sadly! for me! it has lead to years and years of getting rather frustrated!!!  At not being able to actually SEE the Horses before the races!!!!!!!  every now and then there will be a meeting where the present well!!! then its back to "a race everyfreckingminute.."!!!  Often now!  they will jump to a race and half the field have gone to start! or they will show prelims where all you see are arses running into the distance! Often you will not get to see key horses in a race!!!! sigh...  Some of the actual images of the actual races are getting Brillant!  it seems as if the Director or whoever sets up cameras doesn't have much idea that some punters actually Do want to  See what the Horses Look Like!!!! And to be able to watch them from race start to start to see any perceived improvement!   << rave done to partly explain why I've negated my actual betting... and with that many others have as well....

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1