Bit Of A Yarn

Myers Stable At Riccarton?

Newmarket

Pleasing for we locals on the face of things  -  but it has been pointed out that representation from the north was significantly down in the supporting races.

Can't comment about the Myers situation,  but do we not see a shifting in influence over time in the bigger stables, nationally?

The O'Sullivan clan were all - conquering once, and the Moroneys and Roger James in the winner's circle all the time.  Jimmy Gibbs, so successful and respected,  yes people do get older and circumstances change, but it is interesting to see how power/ influence change over the years .

Nothing stays the same that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

18 hours ago, Newmarket said:

The stable had a pretty ordinary cup week in chch. I was told some stable staff have moved on, which is the reason the stable has battled lately? Is this the case? 

Not as many nth island winners either during the week.

Yip the worst I can remember - still be silly to count him out just yet.  There has been turnover in some of the people running the stables but that has happened before.  Things have gone up and down but from what I have heard they are on the up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark D said:

Yip the worst I can remember - still be silly to count him out just yet.  There has been turnover in some of the people running the stables but that has happened before.  Things have gone up and down but from what I have heard they are on the up

Maybe track was firmer than previous years, stable does like the wet stuff

Yep - things wax and wane for most stables over time.  Staff must be super important you'd think.  I expect Jo Rathbone had a huge positive influence when she was running Meyers' base down Bulls way.. 

I like your measured and wise responses on these sorts of threads Freda.  Not short of an opinion - but certainly earned the right to have one & always the voice of respectful reason & wisdom.  

Rgds, J.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1