Bit Of A Yarn

Flashback to 1983 Heats before the Gammalite winning Final

Gammalite

Well to get in the Groove ready for a big Interdominion Final this week, Check out these great New-Zealand mares from the 80's in Delightful Lady and Armalight.

Both giving GAMMALITE a beating during the heats with class and determination. I tried hard but they were too good.  (and Bonnie's Chance giving Poppy a hiding there as well)

Armalight got left parked out in the final from a bad draw, starting as favourite, and went a great race running 4th. Delightful lady a gallant 3rd.

In the GRAND  FINAL  Popular Alm drew 1 and Gammalite drew 2.

Gammalite sucked along by Vinnie Knight and "Poppy' , and at the 400 looked like Popular Alm was going to win by many lengths. Gammalite goes out and around him for Victory late on !!

This year , surely the 2 Aussies drawn One and Two once again, like in the 83 final , like an omen, HAVE TO COME OUT ALL GUNS BLAZING, and dictate up-front from those barriers.

My Kiwi Mate and Sicario are no Gammalite and Poppy but if they don't take advantage of those draws and then end up back 3 and 4 back the fence, will never be seen again. Give it a go fella's !!!

DSC01712.JPG

DSC01713.JPG

imageproxy.php?img=&key=791d2597c2e26d44imageproxy.php?img=&key=791d2597c2e26d44Well to get in the Groove ready for a big Interdominion Final this week, Check out these great New-Zealand mares from the 80's in Delightful Lady and Armalight.

Both giving GAMMALITE a beating during the heats with class and determination. I tried hard but they were too good.  (and Bonnie's Chance giving Poppy a hiding there as well)

Armalight got left parked out in the final from a bad draw, starting as favourite, and went a great race running 4th. Delightful lady a gallant 3rd.

In the GRAND  FINAL  Popular Alm drew 1 and Gammalite drew 2.

Gammalite sucked along by Vinnie Knight and "Poppy' , and at the 400 looked like Popular Alm was going to win by many lengths. Gammalite goes out and around him for Victory late on !!

This year , surely the 2 Aussies drawn One and Two once again, like in the 83 final , like an omen, HAVE TO COME OUT ALL GUNS BLAZING, and dictate up-front from those barriers.

My Kiwi Mate and Sicario are no Gammalite and Poppy but if they don't take advantage of those draws and then end up back 3 and 4 back the fence, will never be seen again. Give it a go fella's !!!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=791d2597c2e26d44

DSC01712.JPG

DSC01713.JPG

Drivers expected Gammalite to sit parked...!and the rest is...history.

• Like 1