Bit Of A Yarn

Homework for the Grandstand Expert Drivers.

Gammalite

Don't worry fellas , I'm in my last 2 days of posting before e noho ra from me as head to the beach for a couple of weeks holiday as you do in sunny Queensland, after son's Uni graduation tomorrow.

In the meanwhile am doing my form, as good Grandstand drivers do , for my Grand Final selections.

(will put these on Interdominion 'Bit of a Yarn' Champion thread tomorrow where I will add in TRIFECTA for extra points) Don't miss that. As that will give FLAGSHIP Uberalles a chance to storm home from last to emulate the great horse 'KIWI' in the 1983 Melbourne Cup. in Gammalite's Akld Interdominion winning year. Who could forget that one/two?.

In the meantime , since I have spent a bit of time defending Mark while here (drives on Cruz)

please look at the replay of the 1st trotters heat in the important long distance heats the other night, won by Temporale, at the last 400m drive on Marcoola.

Now there is something to pick on , You had the magnificent driving style of AGHerlihy, JDickie and anthonyButt getting everything out of their charges, then you see the pathetic inept efforts of a junior driver on Marcoola, paralyzed with fear most of the race and then LOST 2 LENGTHS ON THEM TURNING FOR HOME TRYING TO TURN HER WHIP AROUND. my goodness , when you look at the pose of the other drivers at that point, unacceptable. where are the stewards??

I nearly throw-up on the floor watching it, UNBELIEVABLE. com'on Barry put a world class driver on in the Final !! surely surely Nat is available ?? could even drive him all week in training. Am I too harsh ?  junior in an Interdom Final ?

spacer.png

Edited by Gammalite
correction

42 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Now there is something to pick on , You had the magnificent driving style of AGHerlihy, JDickie and anthonyButt getting everything out of their charges, then you see the pathetic inept efforts of a junior driver on Marcoola, paralyzed with fear most of the race and then LOST 2 LENGTHS ON THEM TURNING FOR HOME TRYING TO TURN HER WHIP AROUND. my goodness , when you look at the pose of the other drivers at that point, unacceptable. where are the stewards??

I nearly throw-up on the floor watching it, UNBELIEVABLE. com'on Barry put a world class driver on in the Final !! surely surely Nat is available ?? could even drive him all week in training. Am I too harsh ?  junior in an Interdom Final ?

Unfortunately The junior being a family member of the owners and usual trainer will continue to drive it for the foreseeable future.

Been great reading your posts over the ID's and enjoy your hols

Greg

• Champ Post 1

Unfortunately The junior being a family member of the owners and usual trainer will continue to drive it for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for that , I didn't realise . I thought that was a FORD horse , but now see they partnered with Tomlinsons in the breeding of Marcoola. Thought that was a BarryP stable driver for moment.

Well guess just have to wish them all the best and hope they get round safely with inexperience, and it's a great race.

38 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Thanks for that , I didn't realise . I thought that was a FORD horse , but now see they partnered with Tomlinsons in the breeding of Marcoola. Thought that was a BarryP stable driver for moment.

Well guess just have to wish them all the best and hope they get round safely with inexperience, and it's a great race.

Sheree does drive him better than Clint does in open class races. Clint had an affinity with him in his 3yo season and 4yo season. But glad to see Sheree get her chance, let's not knock her she has won a dominion before

Sheree does drive him better than Clint does in open class races.

yes the, one race MARCOOLA ever started in Australia , was our biggest Trot race  $1/4mil The Great Southern Star last January.

Clint drove him well as $1.80 favourite but he dropped out to second last , and Sheree was last on Ameretto Sun.

Also unplaced there in that great race was BIG JACK HAMMER, TOUGH MONARCH (our Aussie reps this Friday in Interdom.)

2nd was TEMPORALE at 20-1 (great run), and the winner also at 20-1 , wearing lucky number 13 , coming from last a lap out, driver on a horse he didn't know that well, earning 150k for its connections, was a local called horse  DANCE CRAZE. catch driven by the one and only, much loved on this site , wait for it, Mark Purdon. Is there anything this genius can't do in harness racing ????? 

p.s Dance Craze has resumed over here in Vic , running 2nd last Saturday night in Cranbourne Cup to TORNADO VALLEY who just keeps winning and winning.