Bit Of A Yarn

Xmas Day - New Year wishs!!!!

Brodie

Opened all my presents and sat down to relax!

What would I like for 2020 to happen for harness racing?

Firstly we need to get rid of the current whip rule that is just a DOG!!

I see John Hay just got fined $200 for using the whip 12 times, that’s right 12 times!!

He should be serving time for using the whip 12 bloody times! Shock horror!

He miscalculated the no. Of times. How on earth is a driver meant to be able to count the hits while he is driving a horse and with everything going around him??

Harness NZ you need to admit you effed up and change the rule NOW!!!

Secondly, NZ TAB before you lose the remainder of your loyal punters, you need to change your ways and encourage punters to offload, rather than trying to get rid of them!

You won’t because you run a monopoly in NZ and you are only concerned about Looking after your own salaries and not about racing in NZ at all!

You want overseas racing cos it costs nothing and sports betting cos you have more control don’t you?

Anyway time to help get the lunch ready and the wife has told me to get off, it is Xmas Day lol!

Merry Xmas everyone

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

I see John Hay just got fined $200 for using the whip 12 times, that’s right 12 times!!

Johnny Cox gone for 5 days too.

A few bizarre drives yesterday, none more than Ross Cameron on Saginaw!

The TAB are not changing anytime soon, Brodie. Merry Xmas ?

Westport tomorrow, and God only knows I will be looking for a winner.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
Imagining things on Xmas Day
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Johnny Cox gone for 5 days too.

A few bizarre drives yesterday, none more than Ross Cameron on Saginaw!

The TAB are not changing anytime soon, Brodie. Merry Xmas ?

Westport tomorrow, and God only knows I will be looking for a winner.

There will be some good Fixed odds if you get on early Boss and hunt around like a Terrier I think the Stars are out Tonight so ther could be a beautiful Tequila sunrise tomorow. 

Edited by Harewood
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Opened all my presents and sat down to relax!

What would I like for 2020 to happen for harness racing?

Firstly we need to get rid of the current whip rule that is just a DOG!!

He should be serving time for using the whip 12 bloody times! Shock horror!

He miscalculated the no. Of times. How on earth is a driver meant to be able to count the hits while he is driving a horse and with everything going around him??

Harness NZ you need to admit you effed up and change the rule NOW!!!

Secondly, NZ TAB before you lose the remainder of your loyal punters, you need to change your ways and encourage punters to offload, rather than trying to get rid of them!

You won’t because you run a monopoly in NZ and you are only concerned about Looking after your own salaries and not about racing in NZ at all!

You want overseas racing cos it costs nothing and sports betting cos you have more control don’t you?

Anyway time to help get the lunch ready and the wife has told me to get off, it is Xmas Day lol!

Merry Xmas everyone

Merry Christmas my good friend Brodie.

My wish for the New Year is to have a really top class trotter that dominates like Icandoosit, Sir Castleton or Lyle Creek. At the moment that is probably either Majestic Man or Oscar Bonavena. It seems like ages since we had a top trotter like Icandoosit that could string together a pickle fence-line of form 111111111. Are any of today's trotters even capable of achieving this?

My other wish would be for the whip to be banned in harness racing. As my good friend Brodie points out in his excellent post above the rules are too hard to follow now. Ban the whip completely and these problems will not exist.

Edited by OLDWHITEMAN